I am not sure this is a great idea but.....
When Mom is next having a good day, would it be worthwhile to ask her if we can video record her? She could pass a video message to herself that we may be able to show her when she is not so "there".
Alternatively - and stupidly for someone trying to record her - we could ask her permission now to record her when she is having an off day so that we can show her later. This second option is much more of a risk, IMHO, for lots of reasons. It will infuriate her more to be videoed and when (if) she views it, she'll be depressed as can be. She also won't want a video like that leaking out to anyone.
The first option sounds a little saner to me. Maybe she will even want to record a message for the offsprinkles. Come to think of it, we should ask her to do a 21st century version of www.com for them by reading the passages into a video recorder.
BTW, when she is having those "I am afraid what 'it' will be like for me" moments, I think we really need to reinforce that we will still be with her, no matter what it is like. She put up with all our temper tantrums so we should do the same. We won't even use the hairbrush on her.
....random thoughts from a random mind....
10 comments:
This will bring a tear to your eye:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU
BTW, when I said "our" temper tantrums, I really meant Megan's. I just didn't want to say that on her birthday.
It's not her birthday anymore, Mike. Zing away :-).
Still praying here for a productive important day. Can you girls text to me just a thumbs "up" or "down" as the day unfolds?
Okay, who didn't sleep last night besides me?!? I think I'm gonna throw up, I'm so nervous. Praying for a good day!!!
And yes Danny, we'll text with an update.
Love always - Levelle
Text from Quinn 1:29pm edst reads "Mom commited to going :-). She wants to talk to Uncle Jim first, but realizes she needs to move in soon. We will pinpoint vine (sic 'time')ASAP.
Maybe she meant "wine"
Did someone say "wine?"
F-ing ha ha. You know you miss my tantrums.
y'all crack me up.
errrrr, Levelle, what is "sleep"?
I have noticed that you seem to always be on here posting Michael. We'll all be able to sleep peacefully soon! I hope...
Love, Levelle
Post a Comment