Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sage Advice For Over 60's

1. When my children tell me I should no longer drive, I will believe them and quit. I know they love me.
2. When it becomes apparent that I need help, I will accept it from outsiders because my children can not do everything.
3. It is up to me to make my life fulfilling. I must stay active and learn to entertain myself so I do not become a burden to my children.
4. If my children tell me I am no longer safe being alone, I will believe them.
5. I will get my legal affairs in order and trust the advice of professionals so there will be no problems about money or property down the road (Ed Note: I will come back to haunt you if there is trouble.)
6. I will not complain about feeling poorly. My children cannot fix my health and such complaints are emotionally draining for them.
7. My children are not indentured servants. I will remember to thank them for everything they do for me.
8. I will avoid making my children feel guilty. Age is no excuse for manipulative behavior.

~ from Mom's www.com Book (Worship-Wit-Wisdom.Compilation) handwritten for each child for Christmas 2001

3 comments:

Levelle said...

How's the weather there tonight Lel now that Danny cooled things down a bit?

Michael said...

Oh, I get it. The boys didn't need any more wisdom. :p

Michael said...

Ooops. Nevermind. She gave a copy to Melanie & I too. I guess it was just the special ones that got it.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles