Friday, July 25, 2008

Mom Sounds Fantastic This Morning

I just got off the phone with Mom and she sounds positively happy! I called to let her know that Jim and I were coming and to ask if she needed electrical help. She told me about the thunderstorm and resulting eletrical loss. And she said Paul took care of it. Quinn came in while we were on the phone. Mom couldn't remember which sister it was, but when Quinn called her on that, we joked about her always wanting to be the favorite.

I signed off by saying, "See you later tonight." and she said "Great!"

This is different than the last time we talked when she told us to go to H-E-double hockey sticks and told Danny she wanted to kick that girl's *** :)

I'm not ashamed to admit, I was afraid to call.

4 comments:

Stuart said...

I was not looking forward to yesterday's call, either. Glad she was in a good mood and happy to hear from me. At least that's what she said.

Levelle said...

WooHoo! Another "bright" day in Baltimore! It's a beautiful, sunny day and Mom's in a good mood. Who could ask for more?

Cautiously optomistic...

Love, Levelle

quinn said...

Afraid to call! That's nothing. I have to talk myself into not throwing up every time I drive over there. Not because I don't want to see Mom, I'm just afraid it will be bad-day-mom.
Anyway, her good day continues. I took her to get her TB test. On the way, I mentioned that we forgot to get a copy of her apartment's floor plan yesterday. When I asked if she would like to go with me to get it she replied, " I'd like that".:-D
I didn't stay at her house long, but as I was leaving, she was smiling and saying she would spend
the day figuring out what she would like to take! Yay!
Danny, I put more mail- metlife and other important looking envelopes- in Megan's harmonica book on her workbench. And a little heads up... Mom told me that she told Paul this morning that she was moving. His response was "Mom, are you sure you want to do that?" She was great. She said that yes, she was sure. If you get the opportunity, could you please put a sock in his... oh nevermind, could you just make sure he realizes that this seems to be a great weight lifted off her and that we all need to give her positive feedback and encouragement. If he has doubts, have him tell us about them. (I know you've told him all this before.)
That's it for now. TTYL
Go gently, Quinn

Michael said...

good thing for the blog. Otherwise I would be clueless (at least more clueless than normal). I can't get through to Mom as the phone is either always busy or so & so just arrived. I did manage to talk to her for 40 seconds today before Mrs Leonard showed up and Mom told me she was polisihing furniture to get it ready for the move. Be careful guys. It could be slippery. Also, careful about leaving finger prints.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles