Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Megan - Happy Birthday!! Enjoy it to the fullest. They're just not the same without parental remembrence this year. I guess that's how we know we're "gettin' up there" :-}

Michael & Stuart - Don't stop the humor of any genre. It's all we have to balance out an otherwise depressing situation. You guys make me :-)

Levelle & Quinn - It sounds like your plans for today/tomorrow and BGT-Linda's assistance are our next greatest hope for Mom's earliest entry into AL care. I'm gonna put some wear on Dad's rosary beads over the next couple of days. Jim Morrison said "You can not petition the Lord with prayer". Well it couldn't hurt... his pagan finger-crossing didn't seem to work for him.

All - Yesterday's posts & on-the-scene comments to those posts (particularly Levelle's 9:43 "I'm Trying" post comment) give me further concern about Mom's state of confusion and safety. I kinda wish our threat of having 24 hour care starting Monday past hadn't been an empty one.

More later. Love, Danny

5 comments:

Stuart said...

Jim Morrison is alive. Don't believe everything that you read.

- Mama Cass

Stuart said...

The latter point about 24-hour care has been what's bugging me most. The fact that she tried to walk away is scary - maybe she doesn't stop herself until it is too late the next time.

I'm thinking about a leave-of-absence, which is a bad idea in many ways. But if I have to...

Levelle said...

Let's wait and see what tomorrow brings with her attitude. In the mean time, check out this blog tht is earilly similar to our situation. I found it offered me hope that this could still turn out okay.

http://martinac.blogspot.com/2007/02/assisted-living-here-we-come-my-mom-has.html

Love Levelle

Megan said...

Thanks for all the birthday greetings; I gotta tell ya, turning 36 sucks!

Love, Megan

Michael said...

That is so cool that you can remember back that far Megan. No ALF for you. Yet.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles