I'll be leaving Mom's shortly (can't miss the end of Wheel of Fortune). It finished up being a good afternoon/evening. We weeded and watered plants, searched for missing money (no luck), and continued the Brighton Gardens dialogue as much and as positively as possible. In the early conversation she made it clear that she wanted to wait a few months. After that I focused on the benefits of the move rather than the timing. We even talked about what to take and she asked me to come to the lunch date on Thursday, since I was playing like I hadn't seen the inside of the place.
As far as finances go, I found Danny's stashed cash from this morning. I gave Mom twenty to put in her wallet. As near as I can tell it only made it into the pocket of the pink shorts she was wearing. The rest of the cash is in a petty cash envelope which I put inside the Learning to Play Harmonica book on Dad's workbench (she does not want to know where I put it). I also included a Comcast and BGE bill that I think you are paying online, Stuart (please advise). She also got a bill from Advanced Radiology for her portion of a recent mammogram ($31.42). I wrote and Mom signed a check to pay for that bill, and I'll mail it unless you tell me it gets paid by some other means. Danny, next time you're there, please look at the form received from MetLife Securities (also in the harmonica book). Those kinds of papers just make my eyes glaze over.
Some of you wondered who today's lunch lady was. I heard mom talking to Emily F. who asked the same. This was at about 2:30 and Mom already couldn't remember who had been there. I guessed Mrs. Spurrier and she thought that's who it was. I know Mrs. Leonard is tomorrow. She's going to call me afterwards to let me know how it goes.
TAFN, Megan
6 comments:
I am not paying anything on line, as of yet. But these bills don't need to be paid as soon as they show up, even though Mom says that is her preference. Feel free to set them aside - out-of-sight - for a while. Or pay them with either Danny's or Mom's sig, it doesn't matter. Just get them away from her and save any receipts.
But please keep the petty cash organized as you are.
I would really like to see anything from Lucent, SocSec and/or MetLife before they get too far. Maybe someone could pakage them up and send to me? I can provide my FedEx account number.
Thanks very much.
Thanks, Megan. We'll just keep trying to put a positive spin on any BG talk. I will be there tomorrow and try to continue the dialogue. I am available to go on Thursday at which time, God willing, she will sign. I have a lot of faith in Linda. She has a very compassionate and professional approach which I hope Mom will respond to. We can then go directly from BG to Dr.Lavin's office to get the TB test. She can then enjoy her afternoon with Levelle at Mr.McLaughlin's party. Keep praying and go gently
Is it still all my fault for telling you that Mom took me to see BGT? Is it time for me to call Wednesday or Thursday morning and tell her to pack her pajamas?
BTW, I'm still happy to tell Mom we got a room at BGT for her and it's okay if she wants to stay at home in the nights for a while or come back with someone to clean up (out?) the house in the daytime, when possible. (if BGT allows that) Two things could happen; Mom could get sick of the travel / work and used to BGT and be happy to stop going to 627. Of course it's also possible that she could decide she doesn't like BGT afterall and since 627 is still there for her.... hmmm....
I just talked to Mrs. Spurrier. She said that mom was very dressed up when she arrived and she asked Mom if she was going somewhere. Mom told her that "they" were taking her to the nursing home today. She said that Danny had been there earlier but had been gone for at least two hours now. She expected "them" any minute. Oh BTW, she was hopping mad while saying all of this. She proceeded to tell Mrs. Spurrier lots of stories about being tricked into going there by Michael and her brother too. Mom told her about the long walk she took this morning around the track. She was hoping to miss us when we arrived to take her away. (I forgot to mention the story Mrs. Spurrier told me about when Michael was home. Mom had tried to walk to Mrs. Spurrier's house but when she got to the golf course, she turned around. She knew that she was going the wrong direction and she didn't want to get lost.)
She also told her about her neighbor Kris who has been very cold to her recently. Mom had gone over to ask a question and Kris was not nice at all (poor Kris! I will call her and warn her) So after they ate, Mrs. Spurrier asked Mom if she wanted to go out for a drive and run some errands. Mom told her that she was tired and wanted to lay down.
Mrs. Spurrier wished us luck :-)! she'll be back next Tuesday.
Love to all, Levelle
PS She called Mrs. Leonard and gave her an update based on what she saw today. (I think she was very surprised by Mom's level of confusion) Mrs. Leonard is tomorrow's lunch bunch lady.
Okay, so we'll all play dumb that we haven't seen the place. We'll leave it that she picked the place and Michael arranged for her name to be on the list. Linda will tell her that the room is ready and that the only way to get an apartment is to be a currnet resident. Fingers crossed xOx !
A few other notes from today that I forgot to mention. In her early paranoid sort of anger, she said she knew 'those girls' had already signed her up at BGT. She had heard 'one of the little boys' say as much.
In searching for the missing money I found under various piles of clothing in her drawers: 27 decks of cards (well, maybe not that many), all of her good stainless steel utensils (nevermind that the good silver is still on a chair in the dining room), and an almost empty package of Pepperigde Farm Milano cookies. I guess she was hiding them from me, since I thought I was the only one eating them.
The car: Mom asked me when someone was going to get the car out of the garage. I asked was it too much bear with it teasingly sitting there. She didn't even sound too angry when she said there was no point in hanging on to it. I did mention that Quinn might be interested in it for Dylan.
That's it.
Post a Comment