I spoke with Linda at BGT yesterday and she is happy to help us with anything we need to "guide Mom in". I think it would be good for her to call Mom and let her know that they currently have two rooms available, would she like to come in and select which one she would like. She will explain that once she is in, Mom can get on the waiting list for one of the one bedroom units. While Mom is there, she can also have her baseline evaluation done and sign any papers that need to be signed. (They will already be filled out by Dr. Lavin and Quinn) Linda will tell Mom that she needs to have a TB test and then give her a move in date to prepare for. That way, it's out of our hands and Mom's as to when she moves. She may not like the date (since it's not two years from now ;-0 ) but it seems like the most authoritative way to present the idea.
I could be available to take her to BGT on Thursday either to perform these tasks or just for her to "show me around". I like the idea of people asking her to take them there. The more she visits, the more familiar she will be with it. Each day, we need to bring the topic up and talk about it. If we all continue to promote the positive aspects (mass, walking, precooked meals), she may begin to really feel them too. Last night she did tell me about the masses and that she was happy about still being able to get to mass everyday. She also talked about how well-appointed the place was. We talked a little about what furniture she would take, but she did not like talking about that.
Megan, perhaps you could ask Mrs. Leonard to inform each of the "lunch bunch" girls about this and tell to "talk it up".
If it was up to Mom, she would do like she did yesterday with Mrs. Fallon - tell her that she is moving, but not for a long time. Baby steps...but steps indeed. We need to continue to "hold her hand" and guide her as she moves in the right direction.
Just my two cent game plan for today!
Love always - Levelle
2 comments:
Gee my entries always look so long when they are posted. I guess I just like to type out everything that I am thinking so that I can move it to a different part of my brain and move on with my day.
PS I learned a new icon 8-) (sunglasses!)
I concur with the game plan. Keep the ball rolling. Too much energy has been spent to have it stop now and it won't get any easier doing so again. She's going to be spittin' mad anytime this thing happens.
Sorry to have bumped your blog down...bad timing.
Post a Comment