Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bad start to Tuesday

Since I managed to get myself out of the house early this morning, I called mom to say that I would come and take her to the bank before I went to work. She said she didn't know how I'd get into the house since none of her keys were working in any of the doors. It appears that between the time I left last night and this morning, that she has misplaced the loose key she had (the one that was labeled). So I showed her how the two keys on her ring opened the doors, and then I wrote with a Sharpie 'front' and 'back' on each key. For some reason, we still had a hard time with the deadbolt on the back door, like we couldn't pull the door shut far enough to engage the lock. But I'll put a rush on Matt to get those locks changed and keyed alike.

Anyhow, Mom was fretting and bothered by the fact that yesterday she had felt so good and thought she had gotten past the ... (fill in the blank). She was tearful at times. But we went to the bank and I think I left her in better shape than when I arrived. God help Mrs. Spurrier who is taking her out today.

In case you need to know, her extra stash of cash is now hidden in the bank envelope, which is in a plastic AAA trash bag, which is buried under the ribbons, which are in the right compartment of the sewing chest (next to her bed), which is under the covered kleenex box, on which her rosary lies (lays?), because no buglar would mess with someone's rosary.

Also, I brought her some paper towels to replace the toilet paper that was hanging on the kitchen holder.

The end, for now.

5 comments:

Levelle said...

LOL on the toilet paper.

Thanks for doing that today. I'm sure the money will make her feel better. I just wonder where the money she got out this weekend with Michael is?

Another day...another emotion...

Love, Levelle

Gilmom5 said...

Money from the weekend:
$50 to Alex for mowing the lawn
$30 to me/Megan for new clothes

Pretty sure she only took out $100.

Let's get BG to give her a call, if/when they have a room available.

Megan said...

To add to gilmom5's note: there was also $23-ish dollars that she found in the pockets of the shorts she was wearing when I arrived.

Stuart said...

$50?

Michael said...

Sheesh. I should have turned it down but I figured it would be less stressful than arguing with her. FWIW, he cut the grass twice so far and refused money the first time (saying "just please make 'us' a sandwich so we can have lunch together). Mom gave the money to me and asked me to give it to him because he was refusing again and she could not make him lunch. If it makes anyone feel better, I only gave him $20. :p

Kidding.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles