Wednesday, July 30, 2008

5 days and counting

Another bad day. I really think the heat and lack of hydration make her worse. She continued her cleaning and packing anticipating the arrival of the men coming to wisk (ha-ha, get it Michael? Like the laundry detergent.) her away. I dropped off the paperwork and check at BG. Everything was in order. I asked Linda about Mom moving in over the weekend. They do not usually allow it, however if I can get Dr.Lavin to upgrade Mom's ability to take meds from "with supervision to self-medicate" they will allow it. Apparently, there are not always nurses on on the weekends. I will go ahead and get this issue clarified, but after talking with a very exhausted Danny this evening, he would just as soon move furniture in over the weekend and then Mom on Monday. This works for me as well. We'll just try to keep Mom occupied until then. Stuat, do whatever works for you. There is not that much stuff so you definitely don't have to. I promise we will make the move as gentle as possible.
Ta-ta for now. Go gently, Q

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Thanks, Quinn. Could you clarify with Linda whether we would be able to bring the furniture over the weekend even if we leave Mom home?

Megan said...

Mom was absolutely livid yesterday when the Mrs.s Ellis and Lawrence arrived at lunch. Your formerly polite mother didn't hold back her displeasure at seeing them, though she refrained from telling them to "f--- off," at least while I was there. As I left (before mom could throw their lemon meringue pie at them) I told the ladies to make it a quick visit and leave Mom to her cleaning.

BTW- I happened to be at mom's because Mrs. Leonard called to tell me that mom had "boys" there helping her pack. I just had to make sure that she hadn't sold the house to strangers she pulled in off the street. I've fielded a few phone calls from mom's worried friends lately.

Danny said...

Stuart, Don't make a special trip unless you're just itching for a road trip. I think one truck will handle one room's worth of furniture. The 'green light' has been received from BGT I believe, so Vincent and I will be down early Saturday to move whatever is necessary...except for Mom. Girls, good luck with that on Monday!

Yup, twas a SOSDD evening last night. Just one example: Upon my arrival, Mom was frustratingly and tearfully back on the hunt for 'lost cash' again and again stating "I won't leave this house until I find it". She had apparently stumbled across either the original cash-stash bag that really was lost, or the replacement that Lel 'found' last weekend. She swears that when she found the bag today, it had cash in it "...so I must have taken it out and put it someplace...it was (4) $20 bills, then (4) more $20 bills, then (5) $1 bills". When I asked her where she found the bag, she said "The mailman delivered it today...I opened it up and saw the lost cash and was very happy it had been found. Now I'm devastated that I've lost it again. I don't ever want to handle cash again!". Looking in the bag, I find an empty Provident cash envelope, some bits & pieces of sewing scraps, and some of TODAY's mail. Fearing that the sight of the empty bag would just get her stirred up over and over again, I removed it from the premises when her attention was distracted.

I always 'go gently' ;-) Danny

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles