I'm sorry. I'm blogtarded. (I'm not knocking the handicapped! I really am.) By the time I leave Mom's, I'm just drained.
Anyway, it really was same old s..., different day. She was resigned and quiet. She had clothes and food packed up that she wanted me to donate. She was scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom floors when I arrived. She told me that "they" (?) told her to start cleaning because people were coming to look at the house on Friday. I asked her why people were coming and she replied "Well, if you wanted to sell a dress or something, you wouldn't want it to be dirty, would you?"
She is definitely looking to the future. I think it will be a big relief when "the move" isn't hanging over her, even if it isn't her nice apartment at first.
She did mention again that she does not enjoy the constant parade of people hovering over her. I am pretty sure she is on to the lunch bunch, too. She wandered who the next one would be. If nothing else, BG will give her control over who she lets in. That should make her happy. I'm sure I will be on her do not admit list. She thinks Dr.Lavin and I are conspiring against her. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.
1 comment:
Don't worry Quinn. If Danny and Stuart have a Power of Attorney for Mom and she does do some sort of "do not admit" list, I am sure they can get Dr. Lavin's name taken of it.
Also, remember Megan's advice from the book. You have to enter an AD's patient's reality to help them enjoy their life. When Mom said she was getting ready for the house to be viewed on Friday, I hope you didn't say anything like "no one will be selling the house anytime soon." That would just confuse her. What I hope you did was get down and start scrubbing the floors with her. :D
BTW, any chance someone could tell Mom that we're thinking of selling 412 Dunkirk? It reallly needs a good cleaning. I'm just trying to help her focus her energies in a positive way, that's all.
Post a Comment