Tuesday, July 22, 2008
My friend had a brilliant idea...
She suggested that if mom tells us that she still needs time that we should say something along the lines of "Well Mom, it's been a year now since Dad passed away. It's time to consider moving." She's not sure what day/month it is - could be worth a shot. I don't know, it sure made me smile :-D!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......
8 comments:
Now, that is funny.
Another "brilliant" idea came from my Mother-in-law. If we don't want to/aren't ready to sell the house right away. She would consider renting it from us for a while. She's starting a new job in Towson in September and would love not to have a long commute. It's just an idea. But it would keep the house from sitting empty and we could definitely tell Mom that it hasn't sold.
Let's start taunting all sick and handicapped people.
I don't know how we could reach all the sick and handicapped but I guess we could try. Maybe publish the blog?
On second thought, maybe we should not and just treat this as one of those things were we see a little humor in otherwise difficult situations. For example, Mom is always saying what a saint Bill Long is for taking tare of his invalid wife. Maybe we could suggest he take Mom in too, ;)
Go gently & wisely but keep smiling too. The alternatives are hell. Love to all.
I remember when I had a sense of humor. Like when I told Bill Long that Mom was available, again.
Those were the days. I'll try to keep my sardonic comments to myself. Sorry.
...after looking up "sardonic"...
nah. Don't keep them to yourself. It was after you said that line that Alex said "that's why I am proud to be a Smith". Just don't hit your poor suffering sister with a sardonic stick when she hits Mom's shadow with a snicker stick.
Peace be with you.
OK.
Happy birthday to Megan.
Oh yeah. Happy birthday to Megan. When did that happen? Today is the 23rd already?
Post a Comment