Mom and I had a really good evening! (This usually means it will be followed by a really bad day :-( ) We spent most of the time talking about BG. She was very upbeat about it. She reminded me that she was the one that picked it out, she loves that she can walk in the morning and walk herself to church every day. I mentioned that they also had bingo and she was very pleasantly surprised. She also said that everyone that she has met there has been so nice! Several times she told me that she did tell Linda that she would not be ready to move in for 2 or three months. Each time, I would just remind her that we have to move on this opportunity in order to get on their list for a one bedroom apt. She seemed to agree with this plan. Pray very hard tonight. You may also want to pray that she doesn't become violently ill from contaminated ham that I may have inadvertantly fed her. (more on that later)
Finally, I was surprised and moved by one of our conversations. We were talking about Mrs.Fallon and her husband, Jack. (If you are not aware, he has been suffering from a physically crippling disease for years and will probably not make it until Christmas.) Mom was telling me how devoted Mrs.Fallon has been to him. I said, it must be so difficult because this has gone on for so long. She replied ," It is terrible. I'm not saying I want to die, I just hope it isn't that long for me. I figure "it" must be somewhere in the middle for me. I know people with "it" who don't even recognize their family and friends. I can still recognize everyone. It's just that sometimes, especially when I'm all churned up inside, I can't remember words." I felt like it was such a big step for her to talk about AD- even if she has to call it "it". I could have cried, but managed not to because she was so calm.
She is one strong woman.
BTW. .. she gave Paul her car this morning. She said that she hopes no one will be upset about this. I assured her that it would be fine and no one would mind. This is also a step in the right direction toward acknowledging and making changes in her lifestyle.
Go gently and pray fervently.
Love,
Quinn, FS
4 comments:
I think that is good about the car. Paul's plan of leaving his dirty socks in his car overnight and leaving coke spills on the passenger seat finally paid off. I just hope he keeps taking her to mass.
I almost called at 7:00pm but I figured that she may be sunsetting and I didn't want to set her off. I'll wait until the morning to do that.
BTW, for you more tech savvy people, you can get comments, in addition to the posts sent to your e-mail address as soon as they get typed. Just go into the setup of the blog or let me know if you want it. They can be sent to any e-mail adddress, not just the one you use here.
Michael,
Haden just told me to pray for a friend yours who had a heart attack. I'm sorry to hear it. Anyone we know?
Thanks for the email info, but I hardly ever check my emails. I just blog!
Alan was one of our Irish friends from the hash in Singapore. This super-fit 37 year old died instantly of a massive heart attack after his 4th football game of the day last Sunday. I always said exercise was over-rated.
Last night, we went to the wake. The parents, brother & sister flew in from Ireland but could only manage a 1 hour viewing on the one night. We all, however, sure managed to have a few pints afterward at Muddy Murphy's.
I guess Haden told you but in case he didn't, the conversation on facebook last night went something like this:
Haden: hey dude
Michael: Hi Haden. Are you getting ready for OC?
H: yep. how r u?
M: not so well. I just came from a wake for a friend. Only 37 but he had a massive heart attack.
H: wow. I hope he is okay.
M: errrrr..... When I said we came from a wake, I didn't mean we were all sleeping together. The Irish tend to hold those only after someone dies.
H: gotchya.
he's still cute.
FYI: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/family-in-singapore-to-bring-home-son-who-died-after-gaa-training-1438623.html
Post a Comment