I was on duty Tuesday afternoon/evening. Mom was in good form for the duration, about as clear as she ever gets these days. I took her for groceries, where she spent most of the last of her cash. She did complain of feeling very weak by the time we returned, though. By the time we went for groceries, it was too late to go to the bank. I wrote her a check to get cash, so Michael, if you're spending any time with her on Wednesday, can you take her to the bank to cash it? If not, I can do it. I know I'll be coming at least as far as Cockeysville in the afternoon.
She went to put the check in her handbag (handbox?), but couldn't find it. It didn't take long for me to find it under the sewing table next to her bed. This seems to be a regular hiding place for her, but it occured to me that when she frets about not being able to find it, it is only that she has pushed it way back. By the time I left, about 8:00, she was still in possession of handbox, check, and wallet. So if it goes missing overnight, you can bet it wasn't 'that lady who took her for groceries' who took it.
I plan on hosting a gathering on Saturday afternoon/evening, to celebrate getting through another week, thanks of course to Lazarus (who is not only back from the dead, but who is beginning to see our version of 'the light') and his wife. We can sing birthday greetings to Leland, too. Is there anyone who can't make it? Mom wants to bring something, so I suggested lemon cookies. Hopefully she is running low on detergent and will leave that out of the dough.
And to all a good night.
4 comments:
Emma has a birthday party in the afternoon, but we could surely drive up for a party after that. What could we bring? Dessert, pasta salad, fruit, drinks? You name it.
Megan, I thought I was doing Saturday and you were doing Sunday. I have parish nursing Sun. a.m., so Sat. would be better for me. I need to show off my new, half done (toilet is working!) bath.
Quinn, I sure hope your toilet is working. I used it the other night and I hope at least the flush works now.
The flush is working and now we even have lights! Tod willing, we may even have a sink!
Post a Comment