Babysteps in the right direction though. Maybe Levelle will have more quality time to have a good conversation about the subject.
I had a chance to look for the lost cash when Mom went to visit a neighbor. Unfortunately the neighbor wasn't home and I didn't get too far. Playing dumb (I know, it was easy) I asked Mom how her cash stash was holding out. She told me about its loss and started to cry about it. We looked around a little, then she sent me back down to my work and wanted to keep looking on her own. The check Mom cashed last week was for $270. I had her put $100 in her wallet at the time, as she was on her way to get her hair done and treat Mrs. Spurrier to lunch. The remaining money was stashed away, though she took some out for Leland to buy soap and I think to take to Sunday mass. Do you think it might have all gone in the collection basket?
5 comments:
Let's come up with a cash management plan. Mom gets completely frantic when she misplaces the money, which is kind of nice in a way - it shows that she really is someone who values a dollar. But I don't want her to worry about this.
Danny can cash checks and leave the money in an envelope in the basement. One of the daily chores can be to check her purse and make sure that there is $20 - $30 in it, maybe another $20 in the drawer. Please write on the envelope when you take some upstairs, and whoever takes her to Sunday Mass, please make sure she only has a few small bills when she goes. Is this OK?
The evening was pretty much of the same. She was in an okay mood so I asked her how her breakfast with Uncle Jim went. She told me about visiting BGT and how nice it is. She then asked if we had put her name on a list yet. I told her that we had and that there might be a room for her. She said that she was not ready to go. (time to break out the book again ;-) ) She mentioned that she wanted an apartment and I told her that she probably needed to get in first and then put her name in for an apartment. (BGT can back us up on this) We set the issue aside but not before she said that she doesn't want to show up at her house one day to find that we had moved her.
That's it in a nutshell - Levelle
You're right. Time to break out the book again and remind her, I think. Remind her of everything that seemed to help.
1. show her the book.
2. tell her she will never be in a wheelchair and, therefore "in need" of an ALF.
3. Take her to BGT for daily visits until she moves in, if possible. (I wonder if we get her a room, will they let her "sign out" on a daily basis from evening until morning for a while?)
4. Reassure her that we will not move her things out of the house behind her back.
5. Reassure her that we will not move her things out at all. Keep it as a place she can come back to on "good days" to take care of "cleaning out" herself.
6. If all else fails, lie through your teeth but don't loose momentum.
The cash I had brought early Tuesday morning is stashed outside due to the confrontation with Mom on the porch. I'll retrieve it late today & set up the suggested envelope...or if anyone else is there earlier Tuesday, call me for retrieval instructions. Danny
LOL Danny. It's probably safer outside anyhow ;-)
Post a Comment