Not a bad day, I think. Mom was cleaning the kitchen floor when I arrived, not because she spilled anything, but because she wanted to clean! That's a good sign. She went on to do the bathroom floors and then scrub the utility sink. She told me that she felt 10 times better today than she has in many weeks. This was right before she told me that she thinks we'll have to have Michael moved from the ground to the columbarium. I agreed :)
Mrs. Lawrence was the first up for the Lunch Bunch. FYI, if you don't already know: Mrs. Leonard is arranging for 13 or more of Mom nearest, dearests friends to take/bring/fix lunches for her every day, though we don't know about weekends yet. Has anyone talked to Uncle Jim about Sundays? Anyhow, Mackie couldn't convince Mom to go out to lunch, so she had Mom make grilled cheeses for them. Mom didn't give any indication that she knows about the Lunch Bunch arrangement. And I was too chicken to tell her. Maybe Mrs. Spurrier will tell her about it when they go to the hair dresser's tomorrow. If not, we'd better warn her before someone else arrives on Wednesday. And when I say we, I mean Danny :)
Matt stopped by on his way home. He helped clear out a few of the leftovers in the fridge and checked out the door lock situation. He's going to change locks soon, so that the front and back doors are keyed alike. But I'll let you know when, and I'll have keys copied for all.
All in all it was a pretty good visit. In spite of eating well, Mom was clearly getting more foggy-headed as the evening progressed, though she stayed pleasant (at least when she wasn't thinking about the whole Mackie/altar/columbarium issue or the Michael/money issue). I gave her all my cash (and Matt's) so that she could have money for the hair dresser. I told her I'd stop by on my way home from work on Tuesday and take her to the bank to cash a check. And she promised to keep track of how she spends it.
Later, sprinkles.
2 comments:
Lovely!
I'm surprised that she was feeling so strong today based on what she ate yesterday. I guess we're back to one good day - one bad day. Bummer...I'm up for dinner on Thursday. Oh well, we'll see.
Love to all - Levelle
How come I'm the one that keeps having to be dead?
Post a Comment