No luck getting Mom to choose ALF. All the usual arguments and reasons. I didn't mention any options that would involve temporary stay. If I think that will help tomorrow, I'll throw that out, but she was very "with it" tonight and would have suspected any offer like that would just be a trick.Told her we would have someone starting Monday morning to stay with her. And when I say we, I mean my brothers. She refuses that help also - she won't let them in.When I told her I'd move in she was fine with that, even though I'd be crazy to because I would probably lose my husband (sorry Jim - she's willing to throw you under the bus!)Big missing piece so far in all my discussions is that she classifies her ALZ as "forgetting a few words" I am going to have to call her on that, even though it will hurt her feelings.
As I texted a few of you, the evening wasn't a total loss: all brothers are officially out of the will. Sad thing is, I am sure I am, too. Have fun girls!
Go gently my dears, Lel
PS: Wireless is working wonderfully! Blogging from the spare oven with the creaky metal day bed.Tomorrow is another day. I'm staying here, so I'll keep you posted
7 comments:
Thanks for trying! Keep pushing the guilt...she would ;-)
Remember we are all here if you need us as backup tomorrow.
please turn on the AC. With the windows open in her room, she will never feel the cold air but you will at least be cool.
Lots of love and gratitude - Levelle
One more thing. I asked my what would happen that would make her think she was ready for BTG. She said, when she's an invalid she'll be ready.
Yup, thanks for opening the ball! And yes, guilt may be the best tool. The current situation is straining relationships that she should be concerned about.
I'll be in town today to be with my grandboys and will slip by Mom's for a wee visit. We'll see if she lets me in ;-)... Holler if you need me before.
I'll be ready to come when you want me there. But maybe I shouldn't. I'll volunteer to be the one who stays away and therefore stays in the will. We should 'keep it in the family' after all.
Oops, this is megan speaking through strottie on her laptop.
Remind me again. Why are we out of the will this time?
Cool. I can get Facebook on my blackberry. :D
Post a Comment