Monday, July 28, 2008

Nothing good to report

Mom is back to adamantly refusing to go BGT, at least until the 2-room unit is available. This she told Quinn earlier today. And contrary to what she told you, Quinn, her bedroom was in complete order when I arrived. The diningroom table, on the other hand, was again covered with sympathy cards, scraps of paper and envelopes, etc. It of course looked like nothing was accomplished regarding the thank you notes. Just hours of her reading and shuffling, shuffling and reading.

I was saying goodbye after Wheel of Fortune, and Mom asked was anyone in charge of her tomorrow. She said she doesn't need anyone watching her. I told her Quinn might be over after work and that we could start thinking about what she wanted to take to the new apartment. That's when she told me she was not going into the small room she didn't like. She asked me, "Didn't you get the bulletin?" or something to that effect.

It's going to be a long and bumpy week, I'm afraid. I did talk to Mrs. Leonard; she told me she'd talked to her daughter, who works with dementia patients (I forget what profession). Mrs. L. was telling her how excited we all were that Mom had changed her mind and was now on board to move. Her daughter burst her bubble by saying that we could count on Mom changing her mind again. Anyhow, Mrs. Leonard has LunchBunch lined up this week, including Joan Spurrier on Tues. and she, herself, on Thurs. She was also going to set up a schedule for next week telling the women that they may be visiting Mom at BG next week, instead of Yarmouth. But if we do actually get mom installed there this weekend, I understand that visitors aren't a good idea during the first few weeks, so I'll nix that plan if necessary.

Keep praying and hoping...

3 comments:

Megan said...

I was just reading comments to yesterday's Gilmom post. Regarding petty cash, Danny, I think there is still $80 in the harmonica book. I forget to offer her any; I hope she hasn't needed it. I'll stop by early tomorrow afternoon if I can, otherwise Quinn can check when she arrives.

Danny said...

Megan, thanks for the reminder 'bout the cash stash. First one in, please check.

Yes, Mom will be waffling about the move until she's "IN" and may continue doing so for a while thereafter...at least as expressed to us. However, I am reasonably certain that she will quickly acclimate to, and benefit greatly from the move to BGT. A happier, healthier, less overwhelming life awaits Mom there. Her current lifestyle is pretty much a confused mess and unhealthy. Evidence her frequent confused state and the marked decline in her weight and memory function. As gently as possible of course, PLEASE just keep reminding Mom that moving now to the temporary apartment will give her sooner access to the 'deluxe' apartment... and keep her looking forward to BGT, not back.

For Mom's well being and safety, and for our own sanity, I feel we must proceed as expeditiously as possible with her entry into BGT. The duty is ours, the consequences are God's.

Levelle said...

Nicely said Danny. But um...he said duty! ;-D HeHe!

Sorry I can't be there to help thhis week. How about I volunteer to be the one who actually pulls up and takes her on the day she moves? That person will surely be out of the will! I can handle it.

Love always, Levelle

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles