How about this for a plan- I (or a designated health care agent, A.K.A.- Leland) will read Mom's TB test results tomorrow. I will call Linda on Monday to find out what details need to be finalized. I have paper work I need to take over there. I just have to get Dr. Lavin to sign off on the TB test. Stuart or Danny, I will probably need a big check- either $1000. or the $6000. That will be one of my questions for Linda. Assuming everything is in order, I will tell Mom on Monday that we got the okay to start moving furniture in next Saturday and Sunday and that she can move in on Monday. There won't be much furniture, so it shouldn't be too difficult. We (meaning Megan?, Danny?, and I) can spend time this week helping to get clothes and personal items packed up. Any other suggestions welcome.
I am going over Tues. Thurs. and Fri., Megan can do Sun. and Mon. dinner. Danny, can you do Weds.?
I wish you out-of-towners could see Mom. She really seems to be relieved and more at peace. (Except when she's really mad at me of course!)
I can't thank you all - esp. you o-o-t's - enough for all the support. It's hard enough for Levelle , Paul, and me to keep up with family and work obligations, but you all have gone above and beyond. I can't imagine the strain! Hopefully, it will prove worthwhile very soon.
Love and thanks to your families, too.
Go gently,
Quinn
11 comments:
What about all of Megan and Danny's hard work combining work and family obligations?
I googled the answer: Pennsyltucky is out of town.
I think that is what Quinn was saying... It's hard enough for y'all in Baltimore and she appreciates that those doing the same from Railroad and Glenrock as well as Chafont and Durham have a very difficult time of it too.
My hat's off to everyone. I learned the toll it takes when Melanie & I took care of her Mom.
With all the optimism I can muster I predict an easy week. I'll get hold of Mrs. Leonard tomorrow and give her a heads-up to have the LunchBunch lined up for the week.
Stuart, I just talked to Levelle. She'll pick up the medical papers, etc. from Mom's before leaving town in the morning. And I can't remember if I asked you yet about transfering Mom's car to Paul. Is the car currently titled in Mom's name? If I remember correctly you already renewed the registration? You can just get hold of Paul, or let me know if you want me to do anything to facilitate transfer.
Stay cool, y'all.
Mom asked me if I knew the move date. I said just what Quinn coached me to say. That she would be over to read the TB test tomorrow and by Monday, BG will give her a date when she can move in. She is fine with that.
Also, notably today, she told me that Grandmom was the kind of person who was happy wherever she was because she made up her mind to be happy. She seemed to be embracing that idea.
At BG today, she made friends with the front desk guy and helped one of the residents find their room. We were only there 1/2 hour. She's going to fit in just fine.
Sweet dreams,
Lel
PS: Kris came home tonight. Mom just waved and said a friendly hello. (not what we expected after we threw Kris under the bus last Saturday by telling Mom that she had called us because she was worried. - hopefully that won't be remembered)
I was there when Uncle Jim said that story about Grandmom. Mom hissed something like "well I am not my mother". Uncle Jim laughed and said if anyone was like Grandmom, it was Mom.
All these stories sink in sooner or later. Can someone keep telling Mom that I am still alive?
Thanks Michael. I did mean all the non-Baltimorons. As far as reminding Mom that you're still alive- sorry, no can do. We've already had Stuart do the math to redivide the inheritance. I think that would be asking a bit much to make him do it again. Don't worry though, we know your alive ;-)
did she just call me a moron?
Regarding the car, It is in Mom's name and can be transferred to Paul fairly easily. That will get it off of Mom's insurance with Safeco which WAs renewed in early May.
I'll get up with Paul, if for no other reason than to remind him that he will be driving around in three months of Mom's apartment rent.
Lel, I know I am a baldy moron.
Stuart, WWDD?
tut tut
Post a Comment