Mom was in a good mood this morning, although I would classify it as a bad "memory" day. She was more confused than recent days about simple things, like who is Haden's mother (asked many times) and how many children Levelle has.
She did say some great things about the upcoming move:
- telling me about the crowd at the music concert the other night at BG and said, "It was so crowded, the hall was filled between the activity room and our dining room."
- asked if any money had been deposited yet because she, "didn't want them to procrastinate with the deposit."
- Told me she'd like to take her plants if she gets a 2 room apartment. When I told her we'd take care of them until then, she said, "I hoped you'd say that!"
Have a great week everyone, Lel
13 comments:
I hate that I missed that and can't wait until I get to see it/hear it in person.
Which of the artistic ones in the family wants to start on a family tree with pictures for Mom to hang in her room? It could include her brothers and sisters, Dad, all of us and spouses and grandchildren / great-grandchildren. Mugshots would be enough and it would also give her something to brag about with the other apartment dwellers.
I'll work on a tree- it's a good idea. It would require quite a chunk of wall space, though.
I spent Sunday afternoon and evening with Mom. She was very quiet and seemed very weak when I arrived. She probably hadn't had lunch. Before dinner she walked up to visit a neighbor who had sent a very nice sympathy card over the weekend. I thought it was brave of Mom to go up there, because she didn't think she had a clue who these people were. Apparently she and Dad had worked the polls with them in the past.
I forgot to call Mrs. Leonard, but I do remember Gerry Fallon saying she'd be doing lunch on Monday. I'll be on duty for dinner.
Regarding BGT, Mom was again trying to tell me she wished to stay on Yarmouth until the bigger apartment was ready. I'm sure she'll be hot and cold about the move all week long, until we actually get her moved.
Later, kiddies.
Maybe to keep the tree from becoming a giant redwood, we could do by family instead of individual shots. I know there is a nice picture of her and her siblings just before Uncle Bill died. Dad's family picture would have to pretty old, but that is probably how she remembers them anyway (not kidding).
BTW Can we still have board meetings occasionally, just for the fun of it? Weekends are going to get lonely around here.
After the drama of the past two months, you can have bored meetings.
Just catching up...
Girls - Yes, I'll do Wednesday dinner plus will be dropping by for a few short visits during the week to reaffirm our talking points as suggested. Thanks again for covering this weekend past. I was able to catch up on the neglected 'home' work.
Jim - Thanks much for doing the dirty work this past weekend.
Megan- I'm assuming that the 2nd larger check was deposited on Saturday as discussed. If so, we're ready to cut BGT whatever initial payments that they need.
Petty cash - Sounds like it is empty. Shall I replenish later today / early tomorrow? I think we agreed (at Mom's suggestion) to keep its location hidden until she needs it.
The move - Me and the pick-up are ready anytime. Other muscle from my branch of the tree may be available dependent on the scheduling of the move.
Quinn - Oh yea, I'd definitely be up for periodic board meetings. Let's get the "move" done, then we'll address this.
When Mom talked about the size of the room, I responded with, "I know, good thing it's temporary." Also might be good to say, "I can't wait to see it with furniture - always looks bigger then."
Just a suggestion.
Did she know you had that suggestion backwards?
Actually Stuart, when there is furniture in it, you see how much bigger it is than you imagine when you see it empty. Upon first seeing the room, you would say it's tiny. But it seems larger when you realize that you can put a bed, dresser, sofa, chair, coffee table and even a desk in it too. ;-)
yes. you can't really fit in that much furniture. Taking less is better for the temporary room.
My house seems kind of small now that it is filled up. I guess there is a turning point.
Has anyone, including Mom, had the chance to see a filled up single room?
cool. I answered before Stuart asked the question. I must be psychotic. Mom has also seen the single room filled up when I took her. For some reason, she may not remember though.
Post a Comment