A calmish day. The only spooky thing was that Mom asked for help with the electric plugs in the basement. I followed her down to find the freezer and dryer unplugged. She knew that it was important that these were plugged in but she just could not get them in. She was so sure it was important that she wrote a note to herself to ask Danny about it when he arrived tonight. I suggested that she not unplug either of them but she insisted they just kept falling out. I put them back in and checked the freezer. It looked like everything was still frozen solid. There were wet towels in the dryer so I started that. I'm really happy the wet towels were in the freezer and the food in the dryer.
Levelle and her therapy kids were over when Melanie and I arrived. Alex showed up to cut the grass after his classes were done. Danny came over to do some business which was a little comical (sorry I didn't have a chance to tell you Danny). He had to go to Mom's bank to take care of some automatic payments and he apparently asked Mom if she wanted to go along. As he went out to the truck, Mom whispered to me that she thought Danny wasn't so comfortable going to the bank himself and needed her help. As always, she did the charitable thing and suffered through the trip for Danny's sake. Oh yeah, she did have trouble finding her pocketbook before she left. I managed to find it without opening my eyes. It was in the usual spot next to her bed. Now if I could only find her playing cards.
And happy birthday Leland!
And what do we bring where tomorrow??? Also, Sunday at lunch, I am meeting with Scott & (I think) his new girlfriend. He said he can now make it through a date without crying so this has a chance to be serious.
2 comments:
Can't wait for my turn. Who is doing Mass in the morning? Shane and I got in at 10.
Saturday is at Quinn's at 4pm, I think. You can come to my house on Sunday. I'll do it earlier so that travelers can get on the road.
Post a Comment