Tuesday, July 22, 2008

6:00am-6:15am Tuesday

Sorry....not a good morn'. I pulled up to Mom's early today. She came out before I was out of the truck & I could tell by the glaring look I received that it wasn't going to be a pleasant visit. I gave her big smile & a "Good morning" coming up the walk hoping for a return smile. Levelle, I think I saw that 'deer-in-the-headlights' look you were describing to me the other day. Before I hit the porch she spat out "What are YOU doing here?" I told her I just come to say good morning and to replenish the 'misplaced' petty cash. She replied "Don't bother, I won't be needing it". I asked why not. Se said "Because you are all pushing me into THAT PLACE TODAY". Attempts to put my arm around her or hold her hand were rebuffed with a "Don't TOUCH me". Attempts to redirect to the gentler discussions we had had over the weekend were for naught.

Paul pulled up to pick her up and I told her that I would close the house up. She said, "I can do it MYSELF" but the usual confusion about door locks & whereabouts of keys followed so she just left it unlocked. She says that we have now apparently taken ALL of her keys. I started down the walk to give Paul a 'heads up' but then stopped because: A) I figured he'd know in a moment anyway and B) I didn't want to 'contaminate' his status as being the only child still in her will. I said good-bye to her and begged her to "Say one for me". I'm not sure that she will this morn' but here's hoping that Dad will.

3 comments:

Danny said...

I was hoping that Paul would call me after dropping Mom back home. Hasn't happened yet... but maybe he's staying there & can't call.

Megan said...

I'll go as soon as I get out of work and can maybe catch the LunchBunch lady of the day. I have my fingers crossed that it is Mrs. Spurrier.

Levelle said...

Okey Dokey! That sucks.

New game plan...

Mrs. Spurrier is doing lunch duty today. I called and gave her the whole rundown of the weekend and asked to talk BGT up, maybe even offer to go visit it. I've left a message for Linda at BGT to call me. I was REALLY hoping that she could call Mom while Mrs. Spurrier was there so that we had a backup to let us know what went on on Mom's side. (Linda will call me back with a follow-up I'm sure) We want Linda to thank Mom for visiting, let her know that they have two rooms available, set up an appt for her to come in and choose and to "meet" with them (evaluation), tell her to get a TB test and then tell her that she could move in anytime Saturday or Sunday.

It's 11:15 now and I know that Linda was in a meeting. my fingers are tapping the desk waiting impatiently...I hope she doesn't think we're high maintenance ;-).

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles