Here is one thing I may be able to help with from a distance. I believe Stuart has been talking to Uncle Jim about legal things but has anyone been keeping Uncle Bob, Aunt Melmarie and Uncle Jim fully informed of what is going on with Mom and what we are thinking? I know it's a completely different situation with Dad taking care of Mom until the bit about "until death do us part" but there was considerable fallout when Uncle Bill was put into the assisted living place. I don't want family thinking we are packing Mom off because we don't want to be bothered. It's about as far from that as possible. Should I talk to them to make sure they know just how much Dad was doing for Mom and how much help she needs?
One other thing - I got a recommendation for Arden Care out on Bellona Avenue at Kenilworth. I can't say I like their website and I don't think there is a church that is walking distance but they are supposed to have outstanding Alzheimer's care. Jenny McDonough's mother-in-law is there. Just a thought in case other places are still being considered and if it has not been thought of before. Peace and love to all. You are doing what is needed, depressing as it may be, and your efforts are still an act of love.
3 comments:
Uncle Bob knows and so does Uncle Jim. I am sure they are filling in Aunt Melmarie
-Lel
That's good. Thanks.
Uncle Jim is pretty well up to speed on the mental condition and fully informed on the POA. He has spoken to Mom that it is a good thing. I agree that we should update Uncle Bob, but maybe not at this exact moment. I'll be happy to call him when I get back.
Stuart
Post a Comment