Sunday, June 22, 2008

Saturday at noon

I called Saturday around noon to have a chat with Mom. She sounded strong but did have some confusing points. She sounded miffed but resigned to the fact that she isn't going to drive anymore but she was a little confused over whether her license, the car's plates or the car itself where "turned in". Then she said, "wait a second, I think I saw the car in the garage when I took out the bottles so it must have been one of the others." She also asked me to let her know what time our flight came in. She couldn't drive down to get us but Dad could. Oops. She didn't seem too worried about not driving as she had plenty to do around the house anyway, she said. She just wasn't sure which of us where going to be taking her to the midnight prayer sessions, mass, the store, etc. I jokingly said there were taxis and buses as an option and she said she'd never get into a taxi in her life. She left open the question of buses so I'll let Melanie walk her through that option since she's an expert. I just wonder if those in the back will also offer Mom a joint.

No comments:

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles