Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Here a little funny to brighten our day...

I'm at work today and every Wednesday we have a lunch meeting. Every Wednesday the caterer brings the same sandwiches, salads and cookies for dessert. Today, however, my boss Kim walks in and hands me a napkin with a cookie in it and says, "Here, your mother sent you something." What is it you ask? It's a choclate chip cookie with BLUE sprinkles in it!!! What kind of sign is that?!?

I'm hoping that it's a good sign and we'll be able to get mom to sign the POA papers today with two witnesses, Mom will have a good DR visit on Friday and Danny (and Leland) will be able to finish talking with mom about moving out to a safer, more secure living situation (aka the lovely and safe Brighton Gardens - not a warehouse). I am willing to go with anyone to visit there so see how nice it is - nice furniture, friendly employees, lovely grounds and best of all...it's proximity to a church for daily mass. The only other Assisted Living Facility with daily mass was St. Stephen's Green. We have put her name on the waiting list (approx 6 month) there also. We do have options with BGT in that there are larger rooms that you can put your name on the waiting list for once you are a resident. If mom still isn't happy, we will have the option of moving to St. Stephen's Green when her name is called.

I'm no expert, and I really think only God knows what is going on, but I really think this is a good fit for mom and will help to reduce her stress level. It's really not about whether or not she is diagnosed with Alzheimers (or some other form of dementia - treatable or not), it's about the fact that mom does not enjoy/can not do some regular daily activities like cooking, bill paying and driving. Moving into an Assisted Living Facility will maximize her independence to continue doing the things that she does enjoys like walking, going to mass, eating food that someone else has prepared, doing her own laundry.

If you've gotten this far, here's a cyber-cookie for you ;-) Love, Levelle

3 comments:

Michael said...

okay, I'll bite. What's the story with that cookie? Did you tell your boss that story and she figured it would be funny to make you a batch? Are you certain they are Dynamo free? You know there is a reason why nothing edible is ever blue.

Gilmom5 said...

You're very brave to bite, before you know the story. I think we will be seeing blue cookies for the rest of our lives.

Something to smile about

Levelle said...

Oh I never ate the cookie! I've got it here at my house - it's our new family mascot! And no, the caterer just happened to send cookies with blue star sprinkles in them, maybe because we're so close to the 4th of July?

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles