I had dinner duty (hee-hee, I said doody) today (Sat.). Mom was cordial at best, when I arrived. I offered to fix her spaghetti dinner, but she declined, had no appetite, etc. I said fine, I was only there to work downstairs anyway. I left her alone with her thank you notes for an hour, or so. She eventually came downstairs and turned the TV on, though of course the remote was no where to be found. I found her a old movie to watch, and when I realized she was actually engrossed in it, I went up to make us dinner. Matt has told me that the trick with his mother is not asking if she's hungry or what she wants to eat, but just putting food in front of her. It worked, she seemed pleased to be eating, even complemented my cooking. (My menu was pasta, jarred Ragu, and frozen peas. Please send SASE if you want that recipe.)
Before I left, I told her I'd be back Sunday to work downstairs again. I'm going to stay down there for the afternoon/evening and see how long it takes her to offer me something to eat. I know, that's probably just wishful thinking on my part. I plan to sneak in my own food, as I can't seem to go two hours without grazing.
The last thing we discussed before I left was that tomorrow was Sunday and Levelle would be arriving in plenty of time to get her to 8:00 Mass at St. Mary's. Hopefully she'll go to bed with that thought clearly in her head and will remember it in the morning. Good luck, Boo.
I've got nothing going on on Monday, so I'll cover that evening shift, too. If I get there early enough in the afternoon, I'm going to nicely, but forcefully, get her out of the house for a trip to Ladew Topiary Gardens (or anywhere). Again, I'm thinking that rather than offer her choices we just make her do what we know she should do. (Do any of you psuedo-psychologists think this is an awful plan?) If it works, I'll have her installed at BGT within the month! (One can only dream.)
Love you all, and have a nice Sunday,
MF
1 comment:
yeah Megan! I hope you put her in a good mood for tomorrow morning.
Thanks - Levelle
Post a Comment