Megan, Mom took a bath and washed her hair and put in curlers. She did say that she couldn't find her curlers and I noted that she had some in her hair but she said they weren't enough. I'm not sure if that mystery is solved or not. But then she got frustrated that her cards were not in the basement, so whoever took them - please return.
Besides that, she had a quiet day. She gave a reasonable rendition of the POA signing from Wednesday (good), and I walked her through how to put her return address on envelopes (not-so-good.) Several times she asked where Dad was, and other times she referred to Danny as Dad. She stayed up til the end of the Orioles game (win 7-5) but fell asleep repeatedly between 7:15 and 10:30.
Friday, while Mom is at the Doctor's office, I am going to the DMV since the car registration is due for renewal. I will take Dad's name off of it, but also ask what is the process to have the state take away her license. Then I will visit all of the banks to give effect to the POA so we can begin to liquidate assets/consolidate cash to buy into an alternative living arrangement.
One other comment on tonight... When Megan and I were having dinner with Mom, a throwaway comment was floated about the possibility of living in another place. Mom said that this is her only house and the only way she would leave is "feet-first." Fair warning to you senior siblings as you prepare your talking points for Saturday.
Special kudos to Levelle for that chicken salad.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update Stuart.
BTW, those labels suggested at the bottom of the "Add Posts" page are just, sort of, examples of what you can use, not what you have to use. :p
I wondered if someone would notice.
Post a Comment