Hi all,
I'm sure you have all been waiting on pins and needles waiting for my opinion, so here it is....
First, let me just back track a little. I was visiting Mom and Dad on a frequent and regular basis. We had many conversations - some very emotional- about Mom's memory loss. Sometimes Mom would acknowlege it was a problem, other times she would blame some current stress. Dad knew what was going on and promised to atleast keep her from driving. He often said "I can handle her, but I promise I will let you know when I need help. For easily over a year, Dad was doing all the driving, cooking and maintaining the finances and appointments ( a reoccurring problem!). He was able to smoothly take these things over without ever letting her know that she wasn't capable. We all know how deeply he loved her and that he would have continued on "taking care of everything" as long as he was physically able. It would have been devatating for him to have to move her to an assisted living facility. All that being said...
to be coninued
No comments:
Post a Comment