Monday, June 16, 2008

Please may I never do this to my kids, it's heartbreaking!

I am willing to do the united front thing if everybody wants to. She will be so very sad and upset, but it will be okay in the end (I hope). Should we wait all the way until Michael gets here or should we leave her one child to still like when this is all over? I know July third is not that far away, but if you tack on decision making time and moving time, we are talking another month. That's another month of around (or almost around) the clock care and another month where the spot at Brighton Gardens may slip us by and we'll have to be put on a waiting list and need more care time. (I really don't think she would want an aide in the house with her if we couldn't cover our bases)

My visit today was marked by mom sitting at the dining room table being completely overwhelmed by all that she has to do. Her spirits were down, but she was not agitated. She told me that she was not feeling well at all, her head was feeling foggy. She drank a glass of water, ate a pretzel, laid down to rest and then took a bath. She was feeling better and her train of thought was better after that. Danny arrived and together we had a nice visit talking about things mom hates to do like deal with bills, cook and eat. He's laying the groundwork for "the speach" and she seemed to like saying what she didn't like doing.

Tomorrow Danny or Paul will be going to church with her. Quinn will be there in the morning and I will be bringing over dinner. I think Danny is planning on spending one more night there. Wednesday, Danny or Paul will take mass and Quinn will be there in the morning. I will try to see if Mrs. Spurrier will visit in the afternoon for lunch. I am working and the kids have a swim meet so I can take the bedtime time slot on Wednesday so Danny can go home.

That's a wrap for me! Love, Levelle

No comments:

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles