Monday, June 23, 2008

Dinner with Mom

I had a nice dinner with Mom. I offered to take her with me to Trader Joe's or any other local hot spot, but she wasn't interested in going anywhere. When I told her about my Sunday trip to the cemetery, her eyes lit up. I offered to take her and she jumped at the chance. We cut some hydrangeas and took off. So if you're interested in getting her out of 'her prison,' the cemetery is a good place to start.

Lest you worry, Stuart, Quinn is going to M & D's regular pharmacy on Tuesday. They should have the MedCo info on file, and Mom can get the aricept started. I couldn't find Dad's wallet anywhere, so I don't know where his Medco card might be. If none of you have it, I'll call Medco and have them send another card.

Thanks for going to the pharmacy, Quinn. I would, but I'm taking an emergency trip to NY tomorrow, to get the tags off our station wagon that died up there last night.

7 comments:

Levelle said...

--> Dad's wallet should be in top fold down desk area of dining room secretary, in a slot just to the right of the little door of middle compartment. I gave this verbally to Quinn last night who will check for it this morning. If not found, go without MedCo card & we'll reimburse whatever cost to get this 1st dosage started.
--> Megan, Thanks for the tip about the cemetery. I frequently visit on my own...now I can combine parental visits ;-)
--> Jamie, Happy Birthday!
--> Levelle & Jamie, Happy Anniversary!
Love, Danny

Levelle said...

For the record, mom received a new Mediacare card yesterday in the mail (yes, she insisted on opening it all up). I had her sign it and put it in her wallet. I tiold her to put the other mail that seemed important into the desk. She said that she was going to keep it out in case Jim ever came back. (she thinks he left in a huff...probably because he's not her real brother ;-) ) She said he was going to take care of her important documents. (I guess Danny + Stuart = Jim)

Otherwise, I had a nice, calm visit with mom (although I understand that after I left she told Megan that she hopes I don't bring those children back :-} )

Love to all, Levelle

PS thanks for the well wishes Danny

Stuart said...

Note that there are two wallets in the desk. Not sure why but Dad split his cards between the two.

Michael said...

Yes, happy birthday Jamie. Happy anniversary Jamie & Levelle. I'm going to log back on in a minute and wish happy birthday to Levelle too.

Michael said...

Happy Birthday Levelle! (I kept my word)

quinn said...

I got Mom's prescription. Purdum Pharmacy now has Mom's Medco info on file. We can just call in for refills and they will deliver them to mom for free. I do have to verify that they are a Medco provider. A thirty day supply was pretty expensive. I will also look into doing via mail order. You know... like the way Levelle found Jamie ;-) tee-hee Happy Birthday/Anniversary! BTW...The pharmacist was very sorry to hear Dad had died. She told mom (who was with me)what a great loss it was because he was such a sweet man. Mom agreed and they both became teary-eyed. I really believe he left a positive impression on everyone he met. Love,QDF

Gilmom5 said...

stop saying nice things about Dad! I'll have to go back to wine. And it's not pretty.

Happy Birthday Jamie! and Happy Anniversary J & L.

Lel, JF :)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles