I'll let Leland give you the whole story with details, as I have porous poop for brains (details just fall through). But today Leland and I went to Mom's with the hope of taking a Sunday drive around to the few places Mom would consider (as was discussed on Saturday with Danny and Lel). Today she was back to her stubborn old self, and she wanted nothing to do with checking any place out.
Mom also told us some tale of her recently learning that her father was not her father, but her grandfather. She couldn't remember who the man was who just told her this information. She was just waiting for the right time to tell us. So when/if she tells you this story, act surprised. Whatever she's talking about had her in tears.
The bottom line is that now we are leaving it all up to Michael and Melanie to handle this 'moving to AL' idea. I have always known that Melanie is MF over and above all of us, so I'm counting on Melanie helping her see the benefits of a move. Melanie, you're my favorite too.
Love, Megan
6 comments:
that's it in a notshell. Not sure why Mom thinks she was adopted. Said they raised her as one of their own. Maybe one of us is adopted. Pretty sure it was me.
The pattern seems to be one good day, one bad day. I tried to get her to dronk water and lie down, but no luck.
Keep the faith, people. We're going to need it.
Love, Lel
This is not good.
I just checked. I arrive late on the 3rd so I won't see Mom until the 4th - an even numbered day. If I can't change my flights, I may just wait to see her on the 5th.
BTW, I have proof that none of us were adopted:
Dan has Mom’s quiet demeanor.
Stuart has Dad’s looks.
Leland has Dad & Mom’s Christian values.
Levelle has Dad & Mom’s sense of family.
Quinn has Mom’s caring.
Megan has Dad’s artistic talents.
Paul has Mom’s conservative values.
I have Mom’s psoriasis.
That's funny, by the time I arrived for dinner (5:00), mom wanted to tell me how miffed one of my sisters was and how she left in the afternoon in a tiz. It seemed Mom feels she opened her mouth when she shouldn't have and opened a can of worms. As the story goes...The year was 1931 and Mom and Dad were living on Kitmore when a man with a large family died. When his wife died in childbirth, the man could no longer care for all of these children so the Gaengs raised one as their own and never told the girl. (This is the chronology as I heard it) Evidently one of Mom's two daughters was so upset by this that she got mad at Mom. Mom thinks that she wanted one of the children too and was mad that she didn't get one. My guess, is that someone in the Gaeng family called today. As for the adoption story, maybe she's watching the news again. Sho knows!??
Otherwise, she was just coming upstairs with her dinner plate as I arrived. She ate the oatmeal she prepared for breakfast (but didn't eat because she went out with Uncle Jim) and a glass of milk.
Love to all - Levelle
another BTW.... has anyone checked the oatmeal to see if it has been spiked with anything?
I think I got my Christian values from my real mom and dad.
I've always known I was the adopted one. I was the only child who didn't have a baby book. I complained for years and was finally given a mostly blank baby book when I was 16.
Post a Comment