If nothing else, Mom has been pretty consistent with the ODD day=bad day, EVEN=good day. Cousin Melanie invited Mom, Uncle Jim and me(through Mom) to dinner. She and Jim had a great time reminiscing. Mom was even doing a respectable job with finishing sentences and using nouns! She was smiling and having a great time. Both Melanie and Uncle Jim managed to steer the conversation to the benefits of AL places, in particular Brighton Gardens and St.Elizabeths. Mom was pleasantly participating in the conversation until Melanie mentioned that Mom should look into Brighton Gardens(Go Melanie!) for herself. Mom quickly told her she was fine in her house, after all she could depend on her good cabinets! I was able to figure out that she meant neighbors not cabinets. So close, yet so far!
She also had lunch and a nice long walk with Mrs.Spurrier. She really enjoyed that.
As we look into all of our options, I will ask her siblings and close friends to keep the dialogue going about AL in the same positive light. Maybe they can help lessen the stigma associated with both ALs and dementia. I did not have time to call Fr.Art, I will do it tomorrow. Mrs.Spurrier is going back over for lunch tomorrow, I'll be there for dinner.
Megan, Levelle will be taking Mom to mass Sat. and Sun. and lunch at the pool on Sun. I was going over Sat. for lunch and dinner. If you want to ask her about the parade, let me know, or maybe you can do dinner Sunday.
That's it for now. Keep laughing, it leaves less time for crying. Peace and love, Quinn
3 comments:
I'm glad Mom changed to even numbered days being good ones. I can remember that easier. But I thought it was the other way around previously. Did she double up on a good one or a bad one? Please remind her that she needs to stick to the schedule or we'll all get confused. Someone will also need to figure out what to do with those uncooperative months of January, March, May, July, August, October & December. Speaking of which, I just figured out what Levelle and Stuart have in common and different from the rest of us. Maybe they were the adopted ones. Peace, love & fish dreams. I'm working underwater this weekend but Melanie will call Mom for a chat. She won't be raising ALF unless Mom does.
Yes, I'm still checking the blog! Just a side note, BGT called me yesterday to let me know that they have a one bedroom apartment available if that interested us. I had told them that we did not think that we could get her to even look at places any time soon much less move in. With Uncle Jim and Uncle Bob having lunch with her on Thursday and Michael coming home next week, maybe it's not so out of the question?
I'll definitely do Sunday dinner. (Levelle, let me know if Mom changes her mind about the pool. I can be there for lunch too.) I'll wait and see a weather forecast before I broach the subject of the parade. If it looks like a stormy sort of afternoon, there's no point in dragging her out for it.
Post a Comment