I got here around 4:30 today. Stuart et al were here already so he can fill you in on prior conversations. Mom was particularly out of it. Talking about her father buying stamps and other things I can't remember (uh-oh). But very out of it.
But once she drank 2 glasses of water, had grilled cheese and cake for dinner and took her anti-biotic (for UTI) she seemed much better. Little Lacey came over for a visit and stayed at least an hour. We all had a nice chat. Mom was telling whole stories and finishing sentences. Best story was about her last trip to the beach when her friends thought she was lost - very detailed and accurate.
Funny thing was as Lacey was leaving, Mom looked at me out of the side of her eyes and whispered to Lacey "I'll walk you to your car" I'd love to know what conversations followed. Even funnier, Lacey wasn't even out of the droveway when Mom told me a long story about how Lacey didn't used to be nice to her. Of course, she thinks that Little Lacey is Aunt Lacey and that's who she thought just left. Oh my.
Also, every time someone would leave the room to talk on a cell phone, Mom would say to me, "I hate when he/she does that. I know they're talking about me."
Alex called and asked Mom to go to lunch with him tomorrow at noon. Should be fun for all.
See all the locals in the morning, after 8:15 Mass at Cathedral. Feel free to join us :) - Lel
1 comment:
This is deja vu all over again. Sadly one of my clearest memories of Grandmom Gentry was when I was living with her. She was fixing lunch while chatting with me. She had her back to me when she said "you know your mother never comes to see me anymore." I said "Grandmom, Mom is over here several times every week. She was just here yesterday." Grandmom insisted though and when I repeated myself, she turned around, stared at me for a good five seconds and then said "Oh I thought I was talking to Lacy." That's when I grew my beard.
Post a Comment