Monday, August 4, 2008

Linda & Tanya

So has anyone signed Linda and/or Tanya up with a google account and directed them to this blog? How are we supposed to know how Mom is doing unless we get updates? Maybe we should get broadband to Mom's room so she can update us directly. Enquiring minds what to know!

8 comments:

Levelle said...

Well, in order for her to get acclimated, we were going to give her a break from the constant visitors. However, Quinn received a phone call from Uncle Jim tonight. He was very upset. A staff member at BGT helped her call him since she does not yet have a phone in her room. Evidently she was upset and aggitated and wanted to call her brother Jim. She wanted to tell him that she was down at the beach with the girls and would not be able to go to mass with him tomorrow. She was also upset because she couldn't remember her doctor's name because she had to call and cancel that appt. too. The good news is that the staff at BGT wasn't trying to track mom's contacts down to tell us that they couldn't handle her and to take her home. The bad news is that they didn't contact us to let us know how she's adjusting. Quinn is going in tomorrow to take mom to her doctor's appt with Lavin. She will discuss the medicine that she's on and the possibility that the only thing it's doing is giving her diarrhea. She will also try to talk to someone at BGT to see about her adjustment period and what we can do to assist them (and maybe what they can do to alleviate our worries) So there you have it, today's basic information update with what I know.

Love - Levelle

PS I think Danny was going to be trying to get her phone line transferred over to her new apartment.

PPS we moved the loveseat in yesterday and it looks nice with the wingchair.

Michael said...

hmmmm..... that's not good at all. Didn't I read somewhere that dehydration makes dementia worse? All that diarrhea ("green apple quickstep" for y'all Pennsyltukians) must be draining her of water. Hopefully that is the thing that is making her think she is at the beach and get agitated.

And for God's sake, Mom's sake and everyone else's sake, do not, under any circumstances, let Dr. Lavin make any more appointments with Mom. If she knows one is coming up within the next decade, it will be tomorrow everyday.

Megan said...

You're right about not letting mom know when her appointments are coming up! I hope she didn't even sneak a calendar into her suitcase before she moved, for all the good they do her.

Why don't you all get your children to send cards and drawings in the mail. Checking her mailbox should be something to look forward to.

Levelle, did we tell you that you were in charge of the 'Thanks for all your support/Here's my new address' cards? The sooner we send them, the sooner she'll get mail there.

Love, Megan

Levelle said...

yes, I heard that. OBW Mrs. Mary Jo Leonard called me today because she had heard Mom had moved and wanted details. I'll call her tomorrow.

PS Haven't they heard of sundowning there?!?

Levelle said...

I googled sympathy thank you notes and etiquette says that they should be personal, not general. So, how about I write out the ones I have for mom and then we'll get "I've moved" cards to put inside?

Stuart said...

Gosh you all were up late.

Michael said...

Gosh you are up early.

Don't you sleep like a normal person, ie., from about 1:00am until you get dragged out of bed?

Stuart said...

Mor elike 1:00 am til 5:00.

Off to run, now that I have my daily dose of internet out of the way.

Thanks to everyone in Baltimore - I thought the "sleep easy" headline last weekend would only be reliable for a temporary basis.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles