Friday, August 1, 2008

You can sleep easy tonight, sprinkles!

Well, she's moved in. It was actually a very peaceful, easy transition. Mom was dressed and ready when I arrived for 6:30 mass. We came home and packed a few more things. Mom participated fully in the process. When we sat down for a break, Mom said, "You're looking at a new woman. I had been having nightmares about how awful the room was going to be. But now I know it won't be bad." She slept easier last night.

We arrived at BG in time to unpack a few things and have lunch. By mid-afternoon, Mom's energy and mind were fading. There were a couple of instances of forgetting Dad had died, and even worse, telling several people that I wasn't her daughter and that I should stop telling people that. -- :( The third time she denied me (I feel a Jesus complex coming on), I knew it was time to leave her to rest.

Mom met with the nurse, too. The nurse took away Mom's meds because Mom couldn't remember what it was called and why she was taking it. Since BG will now supervise her medication, they will be charging her an extra $13/day. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm just sorry this meeting with the nurse took place during this afternoon brain-lull instead of earlier in the morning.

Quinn arrived in time to have dinner with mom. The met several other residents, including one woman, Carol Jean, who was a neighbor of Mom's in Ednor Gardens- she recognized Mom from 60 years ago!?

I've been keeping Mrs. Leonard abreast of everything. She's notified the LunchBunch to call of the LunchBrigade. The folks at BG want to keep visitors to a minimum for the first couple of weeks while Mom gets used to the routine. Leland might be down tomorrow, though if you want to postone, I'm sure that would be okay too, Lel. I'm going to stop on my way to work tomorrow and hang a few pictures.

All in all Mom (and Quinn) had a good day. Quinn was told how young she looks (Oh, stop! giggle giggle); I, on the other hand, was most often introduced by mom as her older sister. (Oh, stop! barf barf).

So for tonight, at least, sleep easy sprinkles, tomorrow is another day. Michael, I hear that Michael Phelps is in Singapore. Maybe you could find out where he's training and go cheer him on.

Peace, y'all.

4 comments:

Megan said...

:p Find the typos. I hate typos.

Michael said...

Way to go Auntie Megan.

BTW, I had lunch with Michael P the other day. I had invited him to go diving this weekend or over to the house for crabs bu the could not do either. It seems That diving is considered too dangerous and Old Bay is a banned stimulant. Go figure.

Stuart said...

I am in Durham, but I am dying to hear how her night went, Whoever sees her first in the am - please post.

Gilmom5 said...

She's a brave woman and I am proud to be her daughter.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles