Thursday, August 7, 2008

Board Meeting

I suggested this to a couple of sprinkles... Can we hold the board meeting at mom's and maybe spend an hour, or so, weeding? It will all go quickly if we do it together. Wouldn't it be fun? We could bring bagels and eat cherry tomatoes.

BTW- the husband of one of 'those girls' has tampered with the locks again. All locks are now keyed the same. Now we can move mom back in again. :-O Kidding!

I stopped by BG to drop off mail and the shampoo mom wanted. She was in a terrible state of depression-- couldn't find her pocket book, to begin with. She is so worried/depressed about the prospect of living for 20 more years like this, etc.

And now I just realized I forgot to call the Sunpaper to start delivery tomorrow. Shit. Sorry.

9 comments:

Michael said...

bummer. Would it cheer her up any if you told her that if it is Alzheimers, her prognosis is that she won't have it that long? :(

Levelle said...

And those not weeding could help writing the thank you notes! ;-O My schedule is pretty open this weekend. What day and what time work for people?

Megan said...

The next time we catch Mom feeling this low, we probably should try Michael's suggestion. But then she would forget this information. Maybe tranquilizers are the way to go.

Thank you notes! Yes, they need to be done, and then I need to get the guestbooks to Uncle Larry. BTW, I called the Sunpaper this morning; she'll start receiving it tomorrow (saturday) morning.

Stuart said...

Does Mom go to Mass at Cathedral Saturday morning? What time would work for Paul? 6am or 2pm?

Danny said...

Mt responses to Post & Comment questions:

Megan- @ Mom's for some garden weeding & maybe some inside clutter weeding.

Mike- Mom WOULD be happy to hear it won't be 20 years. She'd be happiest if God called her home next week. :-(

Levelle- Saturday & earliest convenient morning hour

Stuart- 8:15AM & 5:00PM are Saturday mass times @ Cathedral.
Dunno. 2500 hours military time.

quinn said...

1. My yard is way more neglected than Mom's, so if people are gung-ho to do yard work- board meeting,my house, Sat @ 0800.
2. Bagels and tomatoes?!@*!!? =P
What are you thinking?
3. She is not asking about Cathedral, so it might be a better idea to take her for a walk to mass over at the Mothere House. We should be encouraging her to do things that she is able to do even when we're not hovering.
4 Tod has been away for a week and gets home tomorrow which happens to be his birthday. I'll be glad to have dinner here for anyone who is interested.

Michael said...

I disagree Quinn (ever so slightly). I think we should give her something to look forward to such as small escapes from BGT. Going to mass at Cathedral, St. Mary's etc on a regular basis (or Immaculate Conception on Sundays followed by brunch at Towson Diner) will also help her keep track of days.

quinn said...

I don't totally disagree with you Michael, however her recuurent complaint is that she is lonely and that she can't do anything for herself. While I don't think taking her for outings, like lunch or shopping, is a bad thing, I do think we should be helping her adjust to her new (and permanent)surroundings. If she asks to go to St.Marys or the other churches, we could definitely take her.

Michael said...

I chatted with Mom about that the other day. I said that whenever she wanted to go any place, if she didn't want to take a taxi or the BGT bus, she should just call one of her loving children that live in the US ( :p ) and they would love to take her anywhere (except back to Yarmouth). She said that she could not impose on y'all and she would never ask. Now have Levelle's eldest soaked in vinegar. (20 points to the one that figures that out)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles