Since no one else has posted anything:
* I spoke with St. Mary's about the Legacy of Love. The 'rents pledged $2,500 and have paid $500. St. Mary's would love to have the remaining $2,000 if we/they can handle it.
* I meant to see what niche Mom and Dad can buy in the columbarium but I forgot to get specifics from you who would know. Was it the one on the left or right as you face the altar? Top row, first box? It might be nice to get that resolved before the dedication on Friday. If someone could provide Mrs. Fitzpatrick's phone number it might be good for me to work with her at the same time as with the rectory on this.
* The Baltimore Equitable insures the house. they do not allow non-owner-occupied houses to be covered. I said that we have Mom in ALF at least temporarily and that we are "house-sitting." The rep seemed OK with that but said it could not go on for long. If we keep the house for a while, or choose the rental option, we will have to switch to traditional insurance premiums. Not sure how much that would be.
Tomorrow: health insurance
8 comments:
We can handle it but would like them to confirm 'room' reservation as follows:
Facing altar from Blessed Mother statue, right side columbaria, top row, closest columbarium to altar.
I'd ballpark traditional homeowners insurance @ $600 to $800/year. Michael might have a more accurate estimate based on his house. Doesn't Balto Equitable refund the lump sum insurance investment that Dad made?
Just got back to the office from Mitchell-Weidefeld. Uncle Jim did pick up Mom & Aunt Melmarie. I met them there after picking up Mrs. Funk who is a good friend of Jim, Sr. & Betty O'Conor. Mom did very well, considering the circumstances.
Sorry... forgot this:
Emily Fitzpatrick, 410-433-2191, 340 Broadmoor Rd, 21212
Talked to Emily. Turns out only one niche has been sold, so I am sure we will have a good pick. I'll talk to St. Mary's tomorrow and try to lock down the "corner office."
At the comeandbury'em in Singapore, one niche can hold the remains of two people. Is this what the corner office is? If not, we should be getting two spots, side-by-side, if at all possible.
Regarding the Legacy of Love, if Dad pledged it, we should be paying it.
Homeowners insurance - I have to check at home but I thought I was paying something like $700 / year. Then again, the only itemized contents covered under the All Risk policy are Paul's gold watch and diamond ring collections.
Double-occupancy, corner penthouse.
Still, not much of a view.
Great. I still don't know how Mom is going to deal with all the dust in there.
One niche holds two urns, if urns are of proper size. Hence, Dad's two editions of their urns. It wasn't that he'd missed the carpenter's axion of "measure twice and cut once", it was that M&D's minds at least Dad's) had changed about final resting place.
Mom's mind has changed too. :(
Post a Comment