We (and by we I especially mean me!) owe Megan a big thanks. She has had a very long day with Mom. It started with her arriving to pick Mom up for Mr.Green's birthday party only to find Mom's bags packed again and Mom saying she wanted to go home. The fun continued when Mom almost fainted in the CVS parking lot, 911 was called and Mom was taken to St.Jos by ambulance with a low BP of 60/40. The last I talked to Megan and the doctor they had re-hydrated Mom and were waiting for some last test results. The doctor anticipated sending Mom home (by home I mean BG). I sure Megan can fill in more details of her fun-filled 12+hours =) !
Thanks again, Megan
8 comments:
I guess I better fill in the other five minutes of the phone call then, particularly if Megan's fun was on Friday. Mom had said that Megan was supposed to pick her up later that day. She wasn't sure why but she suspected it had something to do with selling the house. She said she was not going to let that happen and she also mentioned that she planned to be the buyer if her plan A failed. At least she didn't cry this time. I also promised her that there are no plans to sell the house and I would tell her if that changes.
Dum spiro, spero, sparrow
Damn, Quinn. It is 3:00 in the morning and I was laying in bed wide awake. I thought I'd get up (which I did) and fix a cocktail (vodka and cherry water) and blog the evening's events, hoping this would get it out of my head so that I would be able to sleep. I'm calling my doctor monday morning to ask for sleeping pills.
Quinn took the sleep-inducing punch out of my plan. I might need more vodka. But I owe Quinn the hugest apology. I had to call her when the EMTs kept asking medical history questions I didn't know the answers to. Unfortunately, Quinn was on her way to what should have been a lovely, relaxing dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse with her lovely hubby. I'm sorry to have put a damper on your evening, Quinn.
I was at least going to turn my blog into a "Good News" blog, by starting with... Good news, everybody! Mom is home (BG) from a 5 and a half hour stint at St. Joe's.... Luckily, it wasn't any longer than that- Mom was starting to get extremely agitated that we had to wait as long as we did. Unfortunately, I'm the artist daughter with shit for brains. All I can remember is the bit about the BP being dangerously low (60/40, indicative of potential coronary trouble) and the EMTs standing firm that they'd have to take her to the hospital, over her zealous objections. She also had an extremely low crit. (I think that means they didn't like her painting. It has happened to me before.) The doc couldn't figure out why all this happened today, though Mom tried to explain that it had to do with her sister dying back in December, and most recently her father dying last month. The doc finished with a rectal exam to rule out internal bleeding (I know, TMI). Mom thought that would be ironic if that were the case, as that was how her father died. I left all the discharge papers with Mom because Quinn said she would go check on her right after morning mass. I'll also call BG first thing in the morning, to fill them in, in case Mom gives them a convoluted version of the events (more convoluted than I, the idiot artist, would give them). I'm counting on Quinn (med-smarty) to interpret the discharge papers and give everyone, you all and the BG people, the full details of the event. (Thank you, Quinn!) Mom will need to follow up with Dr. Lavin, of course.
The other good news is that Mom let me leave her at BG. I hung her clothes back in the closet, but left her suitcase for Quinn to help unpack in the morning, as it was already getting very late and I wanted Mom to go to bed.
The other good news is that Mom is going to call Uncle Jim, to have him take her home in a day or two. Good ol' Uncle Jim. Maybe he'll take her to his home!
The other good news is that there were no miscreants (nor BG employees) lurking about when we returned to BG at 11:00 pm. The front doors were unlocked and swung wide as we approached; I'd been informed weeks ago that the doors were locked after 8 or 8:30 when the concierges went off duty, after which time you'd have to ring a bell to have someone let you in.
The other good news is that the vodka might be starting to kick in. I'm going back to bed, where I'll read my Laura Lippman book until I fall asleep, or until Matt wakes up. (Oops, WTMI!)
Dum spiro, spero, sparrow, specious
Only one self-deprecating comment per post, please.
I really meant to say "thanks" in the previous comment. I'm such an idiot. And I am sorry if I was critical.
WoW! I go away for a week and look what happens!
I was going to go visit mom today, but I think I'll wait until getting a medical report from Quinn and visit tomorrow if Mom is up to it. Looking back over the week's posts and comments, it looks like it was a typical week with Mom with lots of ups and downs. When I'm in the heat of the "action" it seems that I can get so caught up in the highs and lows. When you read all of the posts at once, you don't get so excited with the good news and so sad with the bad. So thanks to all of you here who did all of the hard work this week. I really appreciated the break and will happily take charge if someone else would like an extended break.
Love to all, Levelle
I forgot this other good news... The good news is that Mom didn't get a chance to give Mr. Green the birthday card she picked out before her episode. I thought it a little too 'with-lots-of-love-to-my-special-friend' inappropriate. :) I don't really think she's ready to move on.
OMG
if she wants to move on, let her move on. Mr. Green was always nice to us. You have to remember too that Mom still thinks that it was her father that died, not her husband. Either way though, I'm keeping the Smith name.
Post a Comment