Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Speaking of Mum, dear LUMnuts and others

First of all, congratulations to all of folks at LUM (both past and present) who are pleased with this recent development. But I think I stand with the crowd who would say this takes away the charming small school, community feeling that was an attractive draw to perspective students. But what do I know? My diploma from TSU (yes, say it fast and it's 'tissue') is now worthless, as the school dropped the 'State' from its name. For a modest fee (ha), they offered to send me a new diploma with the name updated.

But speaking of Mum, I went to BG to drop off some things today (pb&j and bread, so she can miss BG lunch to go to the mother house mass). She was as pleasant as could be, in the middle of a round of bingo (she'd just won $3). So I was surprised to find, when we went back to her room, that her suitcase and cardboard box were packed and ready to go. It turned out that Mom got it in her head that she would soon be moving to a new room on the second floor, where the residents were less monitored. It was cute how she had her 'children' (the gnomes) all nestled snuggly in the box.

When y'all go visit in the future, maybe you could remind Mom to check her mail. She not in the habit of remembering that yet.

5 comments:

Stuart said...

Speaking of checking mail, has anyone been to Yarmouth to see if the MODEM has been delivered?

The phone now works... call (443) 901-1264 if you want to hear Dad's voice again.

quinn said...

I went over yesterday and I didn't see the modem. Megan, did you cut the grass again? I thought I was supposed to do it yesterday.

Gilmom5 said...

Thanks Stuart!

Gilmom5 said...

Now we each left a sniffly message. I'm sorry he can't come to the phone, too!

Megan said...

Thank Danny for cutting the grass. I think he did it after work on Monday. I'll be in Towson Friday and Saturday, so I'll keep an eye out for the modem.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles