Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It Takes More Than 3 Days to get Acclimated

Quinn arrived at Mom's this morning to take her to the doctor and Mom was sitting there with all her bags packed. I'm going home, she said.

I will keep you posted with anything I hear. I only know this much because Quinn had a minute while Mom was in the exam room. She called Levelle's house and talked to Joanne Blanchard. I just happened to call right after that. She said to Joanne, I guess I'll have to be the bad guy and take her back.

Keep her in your prayers. And by her, I mean Quinn.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Remember to get into Mom's mind and time. I guess she wasn't packed to go home from the beach but reasoning with her will only work on a good day. I think it's safe to assume this isn't a good day. What is stressing her? Quinn, can you give her the mobile phone until she gets a regular one? Mom loves to talk to her friends and as long as she doesn't call Dr. Lavin's, we should be safe.

Stressed in Singapore....

Stuart said...

We can get the phone there quickly, but I don't know that we could get it back to Yarmouth if she walks back there.

Can we set the thermostat up to 85 degrees?

Levelle said...

She's back, she's unpacked and she's resolved and calm(for now). Dr. Lavin spent over an hour with mom this morning. Quinn said he was wonderful. He told her that she's lost another 10lbs. and he's very worried about her. He said that he was glad to hear that she was at BGT and he said that is the right place for her. He could not let her move back home. She needs help and a safe environment.

Quinn took her back, they unpacked, she left her. (unfortunately Mrs. Vokel just showed up and was too boisterous and questioning mom about the move. Mom was confused and Mrs. Vokel was not good with her) I'll call Mrs. Leonard tonight and tell her to talk to the bridge club about Alzheimer's and how to deal with "the new mom".

Levelle said...

BTW Mom purchased a Wander bracelt from BGT. She will not be able to wander outside of the building after dark. I don't know what type of tracking ability it has though. Quinn might know more but she's on the road right now and can't blog.

Stuart said...

Danny is on the phone with Verizon right now. Effective, ASAP, 825-0402 will be moved to BG.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles