Her bags weren't packed....yet. It was just another typical day. She was sad. She just wants to go home. There's nothing for her to do at BGT. She doesn't want to make friends. If she has to go around being all smiley all day, she'll hate herself. (I thought that was a funny one :-) ) So I tried to be reasonable and talk up the place, but since she wasn't having anything to do with that, I left. (Even the kids were not entertaining for her)
It really seems that the days we're not there, she gets out and does at least some activity. Anyone think we should pull an all out moratorium on visits/calls for a few weeks? Isn't that what the ALZ groups were saying? If she can't cry on our shoulders and beg us to take her home, at least she may have to talk to someone at BGT to let it all out. We know that this is the best place for her to be - safe and secure (BTW I overheard the receptionist on the phone talking to someone about that very issue, so I think the unlocked door is being addressed). We just need for her to get used to it and maybe even begin to like it.
Never fun, always interesting - just another day with Mom!
Love, Levelle
8 comments:
Thatcher is demented (officially). tried to put up a link to WaPost but I don't know how to do it in the comments. Some familiar anecdotes.
Huh?
You know, Margaret Thatcher. She was Ronald Reagan's international enabler as Prime Minister of Great Britain. Her diagnosis was released to the press today.
Funny, they both got dementia. Jesse Helms too. I'd think that there was a pattern that mean people get it but Mom wasn't mean.
I see what you mean.
I see. What? You mean!!
My apologies for de-railling Boo's thread.
I said I was sorry. Somebody say something.
Stuart- Say (5) Our Fathers & (10) Hail Marys
Post a Comment