Sunday, September 28, 2008

What's all the fuss?

OK, When I left Mom this evening she was fine. Try harder this week, will ya?

Jim and I swung down for a quick visit today, since we'll be out of town next week at Parent's Weekend at Pitt. Stopped at Levelle's for some courage first. Got the word that Quinn had visited earlier in the day to find out that Mom was out and no one knew where she was, because she hadn't signed out correctly. Seeing Julie's name in the book, she was worried that Mom and Julie were at Yarmouth. So we went there first. Good news, no one on the front porch or sleeping in Paul's car.

Got to BG and found mom in good spirits. Here's what she did today:
1. went to Mass at the Mother House
2. had a visit from Julie
3. had a visit from Mrs. Siefert
4. went for a walk with Uncle Jim
5. Went on a field trip with others from BG for a "ride in the country"

All this before we arrived at 3PM. We stayed for dinner and ran into Billy McAvoy who just moved his parents in on Friday. Billy and Mary Kay will be around often (Billy comes to give his wheelchair-bound father a shower 3 times a week, and takes him to St Ursula's every Sunday), so there's another point of contact for Mom. He invited her to go along to Mass any time she wants. Billy's parents seemed very nice and "with it". Mary Kay will be happy to check in on Mom each time she visits.

Mom didn't want to go up to her room when we were leaving because she wanted to play Bingo later. She was having a good day. There were times I couldn't understand what she was trying to say. But, on the other hand, she told us a long, detailed and accurate story about how much fun she had on her walk with Stuart last Sunday.

She walked us out to the car and met up with someone who she stopped to chat with. Jim and I snuck around the block to go visit Aunt Melmarie and could still see Mom chatting in the parking lot as we went into the Mother House.

Let's just pray she stays out of the ER this week!

Take care folks,
Lel

6 comments:

Stuart said...

I didn't think I was responsible for all of last weeks events. The walk wasn't that long.

Levelle said...

Sounds better that way Stuart. I like blaming the whole hospital stay and downward spiral on you! ;-)

Here's hoping for an uneventful week :-).

Love to all - Levelle

Megan said...

Dad's greeting isn't on the answering machine anymore. :(

Danny said...

Cheery-bye Dad, cheery-bye.

Stuart said...

Shit. I moved the answering machine. Must have deleted.

Danny said...

I have some precious video of Dad & Ethan from early May playing 'catch'. Well, it was more like 'fetch' but the two of them were having a marvelous time. I'll figure out how to get a clip of it forwarded to y'all as soon as possible.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles