I was hoping Quinn would have filled you in on all this by now, she was with Mom all morning and early afternoon. Danny and I covered the rest of the day. Let me start with the good news(?). The neurologist, after reviewing Mom's EEG, MRI, etc., doesn't see any signs of trouble other than normal age related decline. He thinks her spells are caused by the Nemenda (and perhaps Remeral). Her current confusion and agitation (more on that later) were worse because she was in the hospital, and he suggested I take her home ASAP. (Gulp. Does he mean my home?) When I told him 'home' was Brighton Gardens, he said that he couldn't expedite discharge until BG was informed and ready for her-- but first thing tomorrow morning. Quinn and Levelle are on board for that duty, I think. But Mom should be cooperative since she wants nothing more than to get out of there.
Regarding her confusion and agitation... O.M.G! I'm not exactly sure how much to share. It may come under the category of TMI. Suffice it to say that Mom was angrier than I ever remember seeing her, but she mostly seemed to be speaking in tongues. She tried everything in her power to get passed us, to get out of the room. But we had to keep her in the room, since a topless woman wandering the hospital looking for a church would have given her the fast track to the psych ward. Ooops. TMI.
After speaking with Dr. Moses, the neurologist, I left Mom in the capable though probably underpaid hands of a sitter, Bendara, my new best friend. The thing I'm most worried about is that without the Alzheimer's meds, BG might be more likely to consider the locked ward. Matt is suggesting we consider medical marijuana, I'm agreeing. Anyone want to teach her how to do a bong hit. I wouldn't know.
One thing I don't want to leave out is how St. Danny, once again had the most calming affect on Mom. Danny stayed with Mom alone for a few hours. When he arrived, Mom was in the angry/confused mode, though the sedative was just starting to kick in. When I returned, Mom was pleasantly sitting up to the table, finishing her dinner, having almost normal conversation. Danny was even able to keep her calm and still during her MRI. I'm not sure why I let him leave when I returned. It only went down hill. Can we take a vote to see if we can have Mom return to Yarmouth with Danny as her live in caretaker. Lisa might not like this, but maybe we can pay her off.
Later, y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment