So....I called mom at 7:40 to tell her that I was the one taking her to the doctor and that I would be there around 8:30 after I dropped the kids off at school. When I arrived, she wasn't outside (surprising) so I went in and she wasn't in the main area (interesting). I went up to her room to find that 50 minutes is the exact amount of time one needs to pack up one's entire room! The good news is that I was able to tell her that she didn't need to pack for a doctor's appt and that she didn't need to pack, this is where she lives now. She had a little breakdown saying that she really thought that she was at the beach for a few weeks. She wasn't angry, just dejected. But by the time we unpacked (waaaaaayyyyy to many clothes!!!!! I will start to weed them out a few at a time - she's got too many choices and that's confusing) she was happy with the way the room looked nice and tidy. While she was in the bathroom, I managed to throw away the "trash" (all of the moving boxes which she evidently got out of the dumpster, a few bags, the tomatoes Megan brought three weeks ago which have been in the freezer and a bunch of shoe laces) Later I asked if she wanted me to take the suitcase since it was cluttering up her closet. She asked if I needed it and I told her that Emma didn't have one and would love it. She told me that I could take it (I'm sure the next time she tries to move, she is going to be cursing the person who STOLE if from her, but at least it will not be a constant indicator that this is a temporary living situation)
The doctor's appt was good. He really believes that the fainting is caused by her low blood pressure and not a heart problem. He told her that she could either take another pill (which she didn't) or she could take charge of the situation herself by taking ALL of the meds he prescribes, (including the sleeping aid which she often refuses) eating well and staying active (but be very mindful of feeling week of woozy, in which case she should sit down and rest, then get up slowly). The really great news is that Mom gained 7 lbs! He was pleased and so was she! He told her that she needs to remain at BGT as it was the best place for her.
Back at BGT everyone that we saw asked how she was and told her how truly happy they were that she was back. This included residents and staff. When I left, she was eating a pb&j, reading the paper and getting ready to go to mass at noon. They may have questioned her walking without supervision because it could become a problem if she is off premises and faints. I don't know that they said she can't, but I am sure that they are not happy with the idea of her walking unaccompanied. Maybe we should line up a nun to come get her ;-).
TAFN - Love, Levelle
BTW I would love a board meeting! We really should also talk more about the house and what we are going to do with it.
6 comments:
I was hoping we wouldn't have to do anything with the house until Mom said to go ahead and sell it. That might be too optimistic though.
If Mom forgets about the house, as evidenced by several more weeks of not mentioning it, we should start the process of selling. No point in keeping it - more work for the local folks, which I am sure you don't need!
But it has internet and woreless and a relatively modern desktop!
I meant wireless, not woreless or whoreless.
Sell.
love, quinn
I was wondering who you were calling a wore(sp)
Post a Comment