Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Worn out AND sore eyes...

After being weaned, there are just some things that are tough on the eyes of a son.

Anyway, I think that only the results of the MRI are left to be read and interpreted. Earlier tests indicate that physically & neurologically, Mom seems to check out o.k. for her age. The blood pressure drops causing the 'black-outs' may just be related to her current medications or normal aging. I witnessed a blood pressure on Mom late in the afternoon. In the reclined and sitting positions, it was a normal 120 over 80. In standing position, it dropped to something like 87 over 63.

Dr. Kim Solberg, GBMC's chief psychiatrist, came in to speak with Mom early in the evening. Mom did not answer most of the doc's questions correctly (e.g. where are you? how old are you? what year is it? when were you married?). She counseled Mom with tips to lessen the occurrences of blood pressure drops which we should reinforce (e.g. moving legs about before standing to get more oxygenated blood to the brain). Afterward, the doc pulled me outside for a discussion. We were in agreement that these trips to the hospital only serve to further confuse and antagonize Mom. The doc suggests that we refrain from bringing her into the E.R. every time she has a fainting spell. I told her that we would confer with BG on that subject since they are the party sending Mom to the E.R.

Here's hoping that Mom is discharged today, gets back into the routine at BG that will benefit her and won't be too hard on the sisters that bring her back.

BTW, did any of you girls see brother Paul yesterday?

A melancholy closing... Due to the chill in the air this morn', I put on a long sleeve dress shirt. Its sleeves were a tad long on me so I assumed that it was one that I inherited from Dad. Confirmation and a tear came when I reached into its breast pocket... out came 2 Tums. I'll catch a whiff of him throughout the day though.
Love, Danny

4 comments:

Megan said...

God, I miss him!

Danny said...

Yup.
Hey, the update from Quinn & Levelle is that Mom should be heading back to BG around 3 to 4 this afternoon AND is doing "great" today. You know what that means... Megan, we're putting your name on the security watch list at BG :)

Levelle said...

funny thing is, Megan is the one that had to take her back. I could only stay until 3:00. She was going to be released by 4. I haven't heard any news from Megan, so I assume it was a smooth exit.

Michael said...

Megan said... God, I miss him!

Michael asked.... Who?
Dad?
Danny?
Paul?
Dr. Lavin?

enquiring minds want to know!

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles