Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last day of summer

So I arrived at 9:00 for a little social time and I see Mom sitting in the dining room with two other women as they all finished their breakfasts. Mom's hand was shaking like she has Parkinson's, and she was positively muttering, unable to get three straight words together. The other ladies just stared at me and didn't say a word. I tried to cheer up everyone, even offered to take them all to the Ravens game, but I got no reaction. Tough crowd.

As we headed to the elevator, I got something from Mom about Megan, the missing suitcase, using bags, etc., so I knew what to expect. Sure enough she was all packed up. Of course when I told her that I was coming to take her to Mass, not "home", she cried for a a good while. She wondered when this was all going to end, why her former family had turned on her, why the ringleader did such things and how much she hated the place. She put up some of her things before Mass and was just as perturbed afterwards. Who told her to get packed, making her get up at 4:30 to search for plastic bags? Now she knows that Uncle James is in on it she is mad at him, also. So I left to go back to Yarmouth to finish the checkbook, filing and packing for Durham.

When I returned at 1:00 she was just starting lunch. I hid while she ate, then dropped by to see if she wanted to walk. We ended up going up to Bellona and in to the neighborhood behind BG, and we hung out on the porch of the house located just over the trees from her walkway. That all got her tired so we headed up to her room. Amazingly, the place was in perfect order. She told me I should have seen it earlier - apparently Quinn had come and spread clothes all over the bed and couch.

Anybody still feeling good that you weren't mentioned? Forget about it. She had some choice words for all at some point. Not the best day, but at least the Ravens beat the Browns.

No comments:

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles