How about Hurricane Levelle? How about getting a real taste of what's a coming down the road?How about nominating Quinn for early beatification? Quinn had a few more hours with Mom than I today but I'm sure she's is way too tuckered out to blog. My apologizes in advance if I'm not exactly on point with relaying her part of today's tale. So here we go...
Quinn went to GBMC around 2pm or so hoping to expedite Mom's discharge. Upon entering Mom's ward she could immediately tell that there was a commotion going on down the far end and had a bad feeling about it's cause. Well apparently, Mom had given the nurses about all they could handle since waking this morning. Mom wouldn't stay in her bed, wouldn't stay in her room, wouldn't stay out of other patients rooms and in a nut shell (sorry, bad word choice), was being extremely disruptive. So much so that at one point, Mom had to be put in a restraining chair at the nurses station. The nurses were treating Mom with the utmost patience but had to do what had to be done. After getting Mom somewhat calmed and back to her room, Quinn literally had to block the doorway to prevent Mom's wandering off. There was much more turbulence before the discharge papers finally came though. Then Mom metamorphosed into into the sweat elderly lady that lies beneath and spent a half hour saying good bye to or hugging everyone and reading every wall hanging between her room and the hospital exit.
I went straight to BG after work figuring that if Mom wasn't back yet, I'd just go on to GBMC. Learning that she wasn't, I headed for the parking lot just in time to see Quinn pulling up with her. It didn't take long for me to realize that Mom was in about the worst mental state that I had ever seen her. After Quinn & I got her back to Rm 303 with difficulty, I went back to my truck to get the new TV remote and a paper that I really needed Mom to sign. En route, my humorous sister sends me a text to "Run while you can". Back in the room, I encouraged Quinn to heed her own advice and sent her packing... she deserved it.
I tell you, I was emotionally drained when I left an hour and a half later. It was like being in the eye-wall of a hurricane. Mom couldn't stay still for 60 seconds. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear she was on 'speed' instead of the calming drug Ativan which she got intravenously just before leaving GBMC. The good news is that she fixed and ate a four course 'meal' (PB&J sandwich, raisin bread, part of a fruit tart & a Burger cookie). The bad is that the ultra-simple TV remote will probably not be simple enough (sorry Lel, mighty nice thought though). Also, I could not obtain her signature as desired. Though I was repeating her name as was needed on the document, she began to sign Dad's name, then barely legibly signed it 'Mary Gentry' (Stuart, we gotta talk bro').
Sorry for the downer report. But hey, we will have better ones down the road. Go gently.
Love, MGAF Danny
9 comments:
I hate it when the blog says posted at 11:11 PM when it was 1:05 AM when I hit 'publish it' button.
Is it considered bad form to be the first to comment on your own post? I'm new at this.
okay, that doesn't sound good at all but at least the strategic use of typos kept me smiling. I'll try again to call her today. I won't argue with her if she says she has cleaned the house for my pending return and retirement.
Also, depression loves company so I'll bring you all down to my level by saying that it's okay to be relieved that Mom is thinking of BGT as home and forgetting Yarmouth but we should not happy about it. It was heartbreaking to hear her pleas to go home but it is just as heartbreaking to hear that she is forgetting the place she and Dad loved. I don't think she would be accepting BGT without forgetting Yarmouth.
BTW (I had to use it) I notice Danny is talking to himself with three posts in a row. Can someone also keep an eye on him?
Wow. Sorry and thanks to all.
What is it that only mom can sign? If there is something not covered by the POA then we might need another document.
I'll answer what Danny explained to me (hopefully, he is getting some shut-eye, though I seriously doubt it) Yes, since Danny is one-eighth beneficiary on the division of estate papers he can't also sign as POA.
BTW(IHTUIT) I guess seeing Mom struggle so much in this middle stage- knowing, but not really knowing- is harder for me. Knowing that her mental decline is inevitable, to me it will be a relief when she forgets Yarmouth altogether. As long as she is on this earth, I think the only peace she will have will be when she is left with just her distant memories of Dad. Sorry for my downer. Go gently
Tipos ensertid fer entirtanement pirposes onli
I had previously signed as POA, the document naming the 8 of us as survivor beneficiaries of the Mom-owned investment vehicle we've created. Someone down the line feels it's a conflict of interest for me to have done so while being named as 1/8th beneficiary. I'll talk to Havlick today. I just need to go get another copy and pick a better day to have Mom sign it.
Of course the existing document can stand if they strike my name as 1/8 beneficiary... go ahead, have at it :-)
OMG
I used to forge Mom's signature all the time in second grade. Let me know if you need help.
Post a Comment