Call ahead to tell Mom I'm coming - check
Arrive a little early to find Mom dressed and ready to go - check
Note that Mom has bathed and washed her hair - check
Note that clothes are appropriate and fit nicely - check
Allow obnoxious 5 year old to speak - check
Listen and cringe as said 5 year old tells Granny that he knows why we have to take her to the funeral home - "because you don't have a car!"
Cringe more as Mom tells said 5 year old that the reason is because his mother took it from her.
Nice!
It was fine really. The visit to the funeral home was short and sweet. Mr. Fusting recognized Mom right away and he knew about Dad too. Mom was really in the moment today, her room looked good and her memory was good too. I really wish we could have stayed longer, but Kevin fell asleep and the others were just too antsy and talkative for the situation. I think I'm going to limit my visits to one child only.
All in all - not too bad.
Love, Levelle
5 comments:
I thought kids were supposed to be seen and not heard???? From the mouths of babes... :D
Thanks for taking her today. I don't know if I'll ever get use to the difference between her good days and bad days. I'm glad you got a good day for the occasion.
Today, I went to the York County Fair (about the size of the Maryland State Fair) to take photos of Henry's prize display. His 8th grade home-ec teacher submitted the kilt he made in her class last year. It won 4 awards including Best in Class (for clothing) and Best of the Best (a.k.a. Best in Show-- for entries from schools). Look for a photo of the display in our blog gallery.
And, No, he has no interest in being America's Next Top Designer. He decide to make a kilt because the teacher announced that the girls in the class were to make skirts and the boys had to make boxers. Being the rebel without a pause that he is, he had to fight the system. He wasn't allowed to make the kilt until it was okayed by the principal and the school board.
Henry - awesome!!
Get out! I could use some of his help on a few projects around my house ;-)
How is he with curtains? I'll pay.
Post a Comment