For Michael's benefit just wanted to post something about Aunt Melmarie's funeral. The priest who said the Mass said that if this funeral were in Nigeria, it would be a state funeral. There are 4 million Catholics in the 2 diocese of Nigeria and over 1 million of them were influenced by schools and works of the School Sisters of Notre Dame. Aunt Melmarie was the first SSND to go to Nigeria!
The other thing remarkable thing he said was that in Nigeria, people name their children after people who have influenced their lives. He said Aunt melmarie's name "would not be obliterated in all of history." Pretty awesome.
Take care all.
Love,
Lel
7 comments:
Hmmmmm.... I just read Aunt Melmarie's biography that the nuns wrote. There is one funny part for me. At the very end, you will note that four nuns signed off as having contributed to the piece. Then I looked back at the beginning (upper right hand corner of page one) and discovered that despite the combined effort of the four, they only got a C on the paper.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to post the bio here.
I'm looking forward to having time to read the bio... soon, I hope.
And speaking of time, Did you all get the word that the graduation party at Danny and Lisa's starts at 1 p.m., not 3 p.m. The earlier start time is a kind accommodation for a couple of us who will have to leave earlier than we want to. Thank you, D and L!
And let me say again that I would be to host another gathering when Michael and Melanie get to town. (July 11th, maybe?) Crabs would be fun. (The kind you steam and eat, I mean.) And birthday cake for the April through August birthday people.
Typos...aargh.
I would be HAPPY to host...
Wait...Could have sworn you told me last night that it was now starting at 3 not 1?!?! That would be really pushing it for me. So I went and got Jamie's mom lined up. She's taking the kids Friday night and keeping them straight through 'til Sunday. Sorry for the mix up. Depending on my preparation progress for Jamie's party, you may or may not see me Saturday. I'm sorry. I didn't want anyone changing plans on account of me.
Again, sorry for the mix up. Love to all - Megan
PS Little Leland should be able to drink and have a good time at her graduation party, not watch kids!
I don't think I would have said 3:00, and why did you sign my name to your comment? Now people will be really confused. And Leland and Vincent will be really disappointed to not be watching your kids! :(
Oooohhh...weird!!!!! I did sign your name!!!! Do-do-Do-do-Do-do.
No...Vincent and Leland should be enjoying a fun graduation party. There will be plenty of other opportunites to babysit my kids :-).
Love to all - Levelle (aka Megan)
Just as a precautio, my company and the Singapore government are asking that I do not catch swine flu while I am in the US. Both are threatening me with a caning if I come back with it. Please don't pass it too me, okay? Can't wait to see everyone.
Love to all,
Stuart
Post a Comment