Tuesday, June 2, 2009

FYI

Just wanted to let everyone know Aunt Melmarie is in the hospital and pretty sick. I saw her today and she was pretty out of it. She woke up briefly and smiled and said a few barely comprehensible words. I am going to take Mom to see her in the a.m. rather than try to explain her condition to her.
I'll keep you updated.
LTA, Q

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Thanks. Let us know how it goes.

Stuart said...

In case anyone was wondering, we got an offer on Yarmouth yesterday and we made a counter-offer this morning. If we reach an agreement, they don't want to close until August so plenty of time to finish the cleaning (and break the news to Mom). Let me know if you want any details.

Megan said...

My fingers are crossed for Yarmouth.

I went to see Aunt Melmarie today. She was asleep and according to the sitter, had been asleep most of the morning. The sitter sent me to Nurse Rebecca for the medical update. Snooty Nurse Ratchit...er...Rebitcha...I mean, Rebecca said in her snootiest voice, "You know, you all need to assign a family spokesperson. I've already talked to like four people." (I felt just awful interrupting her sitting time.) (Sorry, Quinn, I do love nurses, and I was nice as could be.) She grudgingly filled me in: The most recent MRI looked good; Melmarie is sleeping alot; she has a sitter because she gets agitated when she's being changed or having a procedure done. The sitter told me that Uncle Jim had been in earlier and was having a somewhat coherent conversation with her. As all of this happened twelve hours ago, I don't remember the rest. I was hoping to get back later in the day, but it didn't happen. I'll try again Friday a.m. if I don't have to go to work. I have to be back home by noon for Henry's dreadlocks party. (Oh boy!)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles