Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Arrangements

Uncle Jim called this evening with final arrangements:
The casket will be taken to the chapel at 1pm on Friday for a "Welcome Home" service.
The wake service is at 7pm, Friday night, the funeral is at 10am Saturday.
Burial is at Notch Cliff- the same place as Aunt Doris Ann (not the exact same place), followed by a reception back at the Mother House.
Uncle Jim didn't think there were viewing times per se, just the prayer service and the wake. I will check the paper to make sure this is accurate- not that I don't trust his memory.
More later.
LTAQ

3 comments:

Michael said...

"LTAQ"????

Let's talk about Quinn?

Megan said...

Please read my comment to last post... Viewings are Friday, 3-5 and 7-9. Sorry for not posting earlier

Danny said...

Mom was in decent spirits yesterday evening. We spent a few hours conversing in her room before and after dinner. Not once did the topic of Yarmouth come up.

Her memory of Aunt Melmarie’s passing was pretty clear. Other recollections of her earlier day were...um...somewhat blurred. She relayed tale of some "paperwork she and other kids had gotten at school" in the morning. I’m guessing that’s the note she'd received at the Mother House. This 'paperwork' had since been lost and our search for it was unsuccessful. I told her Paul would certainly be able to find it on Thursday and she agreed he’s the best to help do so. When asked about visitors she’d had during the day, she came up with Megan right off the bat and then eventually “Quinn, two of Quinn's boys, Quinn's daughter and one of those older boys”.

Later in the evening, Mom’s word and sentence production was failing. She acknowledged that it had been a long day for her. She seemed to more enjoy listening intently to me spout woes of work and home. I think it was therapeutic for us both :)

I’ll be there Friday and Saturday for all of Aunt Melmarie’s farewell events.

Love, Danny

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles