Sunday, June 7, 2009

K...so that didn't go over so well....

Megan, Paul, Danny and I visited Mom today. It's gorgeous weather here in Baltimore so we decided to convene on the screened porch. Everything was going swimmingly until the topic of Tommy Mooney came up. Mom asked if there was movement on the houuse and Danny told her it was sold. To try and lighten the blow a little, he mentioned that it was a young couple with a child. The father was a carpenter. He didn't go so far as to say his name was Joseph....but you get the drift. Mom was morose about it and sat quietly tearful. Eventually she got up and left us. Turns out she locked herself in her room and isn't answering the door. So Megan and I left Danny and Paul (her favorites), but she not talking to them either. Danny told the desk and the 3rd floor med staff that she was upset and gave them the heads up. Should be a nice visit next week. ;-)

Love to all - Levelle

BTW Quinn said that she visited Aunt Melmarie today and she didn't seem as perky today, but not as bad as she'd been. Tomorrow is her birthday.

6 comments:

Stuart said...

Thanks for the updates. Danny called me this weekend (to tell me that a price agreement had been reached) while Trudy, the kids and I were sitting with Mom in the lobby. You know how she hates it when you get up and walk out when your cell phone rings - she gets all paranoid thinking you are conspiring against her. Turns out this time that she is right.

Of course I didn't say anything even though I thought of a few funny ways to break the news. I would have agreed with Levelle's comments from the previous post - I can't think of why we needed to tell her, at least any time before it was closes. But it's done, so no big deal.

If she brings it up, just tell her that we are caring for all of her assets the best way we know how, as she and Dad asked us to do. We are sorry if she doesn't agree with our decisions. When the time comes for her to be in a new home we will help her find a perfect place.

let me know how that works out.

Levelle said...

LOL Stuart! Thank you guys so much for handling all of the financial stuff. I like not being involved at all but having things work out. And a special thank you to Danny and Megan for keeping Yarmouth up and running for the past year. I know you both put a lot of time in making it look good. THANKS!!!

BTW Stuart, Mom did not really remember you visiting on Saturday. When prompted, she knew you were there but couldn't tell us if anyone was with you. Hope you didn't spend too much time there ;-).

Love to all - Levelle

PS We are coming up on our one year Blog-aversary. What a year it has been! I've been looking back at some of the old posts....whew...this was a lot of work this year. I hope Dad is looking down and smiling at all of our hard work.

Megan said...

If you're wondering why we told Mom about the sale, just think of how much worse it would have been for her to heard it from someone else. I'm going to check in on her tomorrow (maybe take her to see Aunt Melmarie, who is near the end). Maybe she'll be up for a visit to Yarmouth. On the other hand, maybe my giving blood today has left me a little to light-headed to think clearly.

Megan said...

Damn typos!

Michael said...

I had a nice chat with Mom yesterday. I could even hear half of it. She never mentioned the house even though we played a game of "If you could pack up now and go anywhere in the world, where would you go?" She thought for a bit and said she didn't know, probably nowhere else. I suggested Ireland but she said no because that place had too many problems now. She would not elaborate. I asked about other places in the US like Florida but she wasn't up for that either. She finally said she might move to Homeland Ave but she did laugh after she said it.

I asked how Aunt Melmarie was and got 5 minutes of completely uncomprehensible sentences. She was much better with travel plans. I understand Dad called earlier and is coming up for six days maybe starting next week. I got worried when she said "coming up". I hope she was talking about Stuart though. Who knows, maybe she was talking about me.

BTW, Melanie and I are in Baltimore from 2-13 July. We're buying crabs at some point and need some to share them with. Any volunteers?

Michael said...

damn typist. almost incomprehensible.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles